Question regarding why Miffy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hummer

Reaction score
I was given Miffy last year in March, did notknow anything about her except what the people told me. Andthat was very little, she said that she was a she and that she camefrom a little feed store pretty close to me and that's it. Ilater got ahold of the feed store and found out that she came from a"breeder" here locally. I called her and talked to her, foundout that she was born on September 25 2004. I failed to askher if she had been spayed though. Now a year and a halflater, when I think back, her attitude, temperment, everything is thesame as when she came. The only time she bit me was when shebit my sweats and it was too close to my leg. Otherwise shehas been a wonderful little bunny. Well, except she likes tobe mean to my cat but that is normal I think.

Here is my question, is there any way that she could have been spayedbefore I got her? The previous owner got her the previousDecember '04 and never indicated that she got her spayed.Should I leave well enough alone or take her in to have her checked ifthere is a spay scar? There is no way should would let mecheck her, the only time I see her white belly is during her quickrolls on her blanket.;)

I would get it checked out. If nothingelse, it will give you peace of mind knowing that she's been fixed andwon't die young because of cancer.

If the previous owner did not mention a spay, I doubt they did it. Expecially is she was quite young when you got her.

She may not have gone through the "terrible two's" because she's just asweet little girl. Some rabbits just don't get all mean andfussy when going through teenage years.

--Dawn

Fussy eh? Fred won't eat most veggies,only his dark green lettuce, but when he was younger he'd hoover upanything in his path, lol!

Zorro, on the other hand, it a sweetie, and has some dislikes, but isn't too fussy.

Bunny personalities!

If anything, my Sunny became moreerrr....affectionate when she hit "maturity". She wasn't reallyaggressive at all, more just obsessed with me.

If it weren't for the cancer odds and the fact that she stuck to high heaven, I probably would have just left it.

A lot of stress and $300 later, she's a calmer, happier bun.

Latest posts

Back