question. please answer

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotelcali2202

Reaction score
so I had snoopy in the back yard in his pen I built for him

my mom let the dogs out...they were circling and I sprayed them with the water bottle.

they started barking at something at the other end of the yard, it scared snoopy, and he ran (got out of the pen)
the dogs ran towards him, I grabbed him (he squealed)and bopped the nearest dog on the nose.
then I brought him up to my room. and he is laying on the bed relaxed.

will this encounter make him afraid of going outside again?

That is very dangerous. Unless the rabbit has been properly introduced and you are confident that the other animal(s) and the rabbit do no have aggressive behavior towards each other I would not give them any chance of being able to get at each other. One or more of them could get hurt. And yes, the bun's probably scared, but will probably be curious enough to still want to go out. He'll probably be scared of barking noises.

I would also look at your pen again. If he was able to get out so easily when scared, I don't think it's a safe design for him.

:yeahthat:

A bunny can literally be scared to death by a dog. It sounds like Snoopy is a little spitfire for bopping the dog on the nose, but you can't assume he won't be scared in the future. It may be hard to get him used to dogs now that he's had such a negative experience with them, and he may be scared of going outside. You will need to make sure the dogs are always supervised around him and cannot get to him.

please try to supervise his 'out' visits, make sure no predator gets in or he gets out.

Latest posts

Back