Question on litter training and hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXsouthrngrl

Reaction score
Quick questions...

If their whole cage is lined with hay, is it still possible to litter box train them or will they think they can just go anywhere because of all the hay?

Are there registered rabbits? Like pure bred dogs and goats have papers, do some rabbits?

If so, do rabbits need papers for kids to show them for 4H or FFA orcan they use just any ol rabbit?

TXsouthrngrl wrote:
Quick questions...

If their whole cage is lined with hay, is it still possible to litter box train them or will they think they can just go anywhere because of all the hay?

Are there registered rabbits? Like pure bred dogs and goats have papers, do some rabbits?

If so, do rabbits need papers for kids to show them for 4H or FFA orcan they use just any ol rabbit?

I will just answer what I can. :p

Registering rabbits is different that registering dogs, horses, etc. You have to be a member of ARBA and the rabbits (I think they have to be a certain age?) will be evaluated by a registrar. I've never had a rabbit registered before... so that's about all I know lol. But I'm sure someone else will come along and help me with that. :)

As for showing, rabbits do not need papers to be entered. You can't exactly use "any ol rabbit" ;) In some 4-H programs there are pet classes where you can enter mix breds, but mainly you show purebreds. If you want to enter Breeders Class, then pedigrees of the juniors are required (at least in my area).

Emily

So unregistered rabbits can become registered rabbits if you go through the eval and they "pass the test" so to speak?

I kinda figured it wasn't just any ol rabbit...lol ;):biggrin2:

What does a pedigree consist of? I'm just asking because my son was interested in maybe getting into something like 4H and I'm trying to push him towards the bunnies since the goats would have to be disbudded and I'm not a fan of that.

A pedigree just consists of the rabbits' ancestors information. Their names, ear numbers, breed, colour, GC number if Granded and registration number if registered. The pedigree will also tell you about your rabbits' info - and should also have the breeders name and information as well.

Emily

Latest posts

Back