Question on feed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juicyjuicee

Reaction score
I'm trying to find atimothy based feed and i foundKayTee Rabbit Forti-Diet 25lb.

I'm not sure if it is Timothy based or not becauseit doesn't actually come out and say. All it says is

""Rabbit Fort-Diet is a nutrient complete,fiber-rich, pelleted diet specially formulated to aid the rabbit’snormal digestive process. Promotes a healthy skin and coat. All of thevitamins, minerals and amino acids required for strong bones and teeth,muscle growth and maintenance. Provides energy for optimal health andvitality."

Anyone have any idea?

I found this breakdown on their website:

Forti-Diet Rabbit

Kaytee Forti-Diet Rabbit Food is a fortified pelleted diet that rabbitslove. This wholesome formula provides essential nutrients to ensurebetter appearance while enhancing the health of pets.

Ingredients
Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Ground Oats, Wheat Middlings, Dehulled SoybeanMeal, Ground Wheat, Ground Corn, Dried Cane Molasses, DicalciumPhosphate, Corn Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Yucca Schidigera Extract,Vitamin A Supplement, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, FerrousCarbonate, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Riboflavin Supplement, VitaminB12 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Ethoxyquin (a preservative),Copper Sulfate, Niacin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source ofvitamin K activity), Cholecalciferol (source of vitamin D3), CalciumPantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, CalciumIodate, Biotin, Folic Acid, Dried A. oryzae Fermentation Extract(source of protease), Dried Bacillus coagulans Fermentation Product,Dried Bacillus licheniformis Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillussubtilis Fermentation Product, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite.

Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein (min.)............17.0%
Calcium (min.)......................0.6%
Crude Fat (min.)....................3.0%
Calcium (max.)......................1.1%
Crude Fiber (min.)................14.0%
Phosphorus (min.)..................0.4%
Crude Fiber (max.)...............18.0%

Salt (min.). . . . . . . . . . . 0.25%

Moisture (max.). . . . . . . . 12.0%

Salt (max.). . . . . . . . . . . 0.75%

Vitamin A (min.). . . . . . . . 5000 IU/lb.

Hope this helps!

~Di

I think they do make a Timothy Complete, but this isn't it...

Forti-Diet Rabbit Garden Blend

Kaytee Forti-Diet Rabbit Garden Blend Food is a nutrient complete,fiber-rich, pelleted diet formulated to aid the rabbit's normaldigestive process.

Ingredients
Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Ground Oats, Wheat Middlings, Dehulled SoybeanMeal, Ground Wheat, Ground Corn, Sun-cured Timothy Hay, Whole Oats,Flaked Peas, Green Split Peas, Flaked Wheat, Rice Flour, Soybean Hulls,Dried Cane Molasses, Dehydrated Carrots, Dicalcium Phosphate, Corn Oil,Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Vitamin ASupplement, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Ferrous Carbonate,Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Ethoxyquin (a preservative), CopperSulfate, Niacin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of vitaminK activity), Cholecalciferol (source of vitamin D3), CalciumPantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, CalciumIodate, Biotin, Folic Acid, Dried A. oryzae Fermentation Extract(source of protease), Dried Bacillus coagulans Fermentation Product,Dried Bacillus licheniformis Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillussubtilis Fermentation Product, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite,Artificial Color.

Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein (min.)............17.0%
Crude Fat (min.)...................3.0%
Crude Fiber (min.)...............14.0%
Crude Fiber (max.)..............18.0%
Moisture (max.)...................12.0%
Calcium (min.)......................0.6%
Calcium (max.).....................1.1%
Phosphorus (min.).................0.4%
Salt (min.)............................0.25%
Salt (max.)...........................0.75%

Vitamin A (min.)...............5000 IU/lb.

hi all...

i'm not too clued up on the whole forum thing and i don't really know where to post this question, but it is diet related so here goes..

my bunny licks EVERYONE! he licks your hands and arms and legs and shoulders etc etc etc.. i've heard people calling it 'bunny kisses' but i wonder if with my bunny there's more to it and if its a problem.. anyway, i live in South Africa where its very hot... on average in summer (which is now) the temperature is around 35 degrees CELSIUS during the day. so i'm wondering if he's thirsty, although he has plenty water in his cage. or, possibly if he's wanting more salt or something in his diet? cos he likes licking people after a long day when skin is more salty tasting i guess. cos he won't lick your hands if you've just rinsed them. anyway, my observations have lead me to wonder if he's lacking something in his diet....

thanks in advance?!?! :)

May!

It's not a problem.:) If she's eating pellets, she should be getting enough salt. Mocha licked me, my hubby, and all pillows and blankets she could find when she was a baby. It's probably more because she liked the smell of us, or was trying to groom the smell off of us. If you are worried, you could give her a salt lick. Mocha never really noticed hers. She's had it for a year and it's still barely been licked.

hi!

thanks so much!! sorry bout all the questions! new mom syndrome i think! gonna worry about everything for a while!! thanks again!! :):):):):)

hi there.. me again with another licking question!

bunny has now progressed, to licking any wood he get at. when i let him run around in my dining room he'll stand for AGES and lick the table legs (blackwood, it used to be oiled, not varnished or sealed, but it was recently sanded down) anyway, i'm wondering why he might be so obsessed with this wood and if its ok? can't seem to stop him without picking him up and putting him back in his house!! naughty rabbit! :nono

thanks so much in advance!!

May

We use the KayTee Timothy Complete for S'more. She loves it!!

We started using it because she has a problem with the higher protien%. The KayTee was actually a1% lower than the Oxbow (and considerably cheaper). I think the fiber% was also a bit higher, to. However, Oxbow is one of the best if you can afford it.

~Jim

Back