Question for those who use Coroplast for their cages

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We found a plastics store and went there. Some guy at Home Depot told us about it.

My rabbits dig, but they haven't put any holes in it....yet. :p

I love the coroplast, it's great, because it'snot too slipperywilbur is always zooming around in his cage.The only thing that is annoying is when wilbur digs at it, but otherthan that it has held up great:).

bunsforlife wrote:
I use the plexiglass too.. just be careful, I ducttaped the edges because they can get SHARP!

You could smooth the edge out with heat, take a torch or... I suppose alighter to it and it will round out with enough time. Just be careful,it can get carbon build up, and can distort if you do it too much. I'veworked with it and heat the edges to smooth them out so they will sealtogether better (siliconing water-tight boxes)

bunsforlife wrote:
I use the plexiglass too, I ducttaped the edges because theycan get SHARP!
How about rounding off the edges and corners with a grinder.

That what I did with the tiles in Pebbles cage.

Rainbow! :)

Hi all..

I was reading through the posts. I need some help with Simon's cage. We have to move, yes again and this new place will have all hard wood floors. I have some ideas for the living room and what not but...I need to create a bottom to his cage as he tends to like to pee all over his area. He uses the litter pan, but still has to mark the world. I am broke as hell and barely getting by...what is the strongest, cheapest way to go to create a bottom?
\Would the plexi glass work ok? But how would I give it sides so no pee could leak onto the floors?

Any advice is most welcome. Thanks!

i would say have a few pieces taped/fused together or use cocking glue to seal it together into a lip. make sure that the bunny cant get to the glue or make sure its safe. i suggest going with the safe one first though lol or just duck tape the heck out of it so nothing can get through :p

I already created a post about this(A new Home for my Lionheads) but figured I'd post in here too. The NIC home I've designed is 3 panels X 4 panels so they have plenty of room. But the biggest piece of colorplast I can find is 5 X 8 and I need something closer to 5 X 8.5(at a min preferable 5 X 9) does anyone know where I can get bigger cloroplast or perhaps something like it that I can fold into a box shape to keep stuff in(hay, litter, ext)?

I'm sorry it is only 4 X 8 that I'm able to find. Also I think I have a plan unless someone here has a better suggestion. I'm going to put the cloroplast around the outside instead of the original intended inside that way I can built up the walls with a separate sheet cut up into smaller pieces.

Latest posts

Back