Question for those who use Coroplast for their cages

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
Couple of questions actually.

How easy is it to keep clean? Does it stain easily? Also, where do you get it? Home Depot type places?

We really need a new system for the bottom of our cage. Right now we'reusing two plastic storage bins that we cut to size and glue together.The bond never holds for very long and we're having to replace them -at $50 a pop - at least three times a year, four actually as we need toreplace the bottom again soon.

Stephanie, this link has a "Find Materials"section on the left. When I searched for Coroplast using"Ontario", most of the results were for Ontario, California, but therewere a few for Ontario, Canada. You just have to scrollthrough.

http://www.cavycages.com/

Laura

PS: I love Coroplast. Mine chew it somethough. I'm rebuilding the girls' cage this weekend andputting the sides of the Coroplast on the OUTSIDE of thegridsthis time. Be careful when cutting it. You need agood utility knife. Go slow and MEASURE CAREFULLY.

I use coroplast for my rabbit cage and for ourguinea pig cage. I have found it very easy toclean. I also have my coroplast on the outside of the cage soBunny does not chew on the edges. The only problem that Ihave, which is really not a problem, is that the poops get caughtbetween the coroplast and the cage edges. All I have to do isjust pick the cage up and sweep the poops away.

I got my coroplast at a sign shop here in San Diego and it only cost $12.00 for a big piece.

Oh, yeah. They have severalcolors. If youget the grey one, duct tape blendsright in with it! (You have to tape the corners of the sidestogether to make the box-shape.)

Laura

Thanks everyone. I think we're going to go that route, if we can find some around here that is.

I use water/vinegar too, works like a charm

Most home improvement stores wouldn't have it,as it's not a product most consumers have a use for. A sign maker wouldthough. Especially the signs during election time (at least in theU.S.!!) many larger signs are made out of Coroplast (it's more costeffective than other materials and is weather proof). There are anumber of different products that are the same thing, so you may haveto describe it too them.

When talking to a sign shop, make sure that you tell them what it isfor, otherwise they might not sell it to you thinking you'll make yourown signs!!

It's wonderful stuff, they make the postoffice sorting bins out of it and they take quite a beating.

Alternative to duct tape is to zip/cable tie overlapping flapstogether, it takes a little more work to get the cuts right, but mightlook better than tape.

-Beau

I only use coroplast as walls andbarriers. I get mine free at stores thatuse coroplast for their advertising signs. When the signs aretaken down and discarded, I pick them up.

Rainbows! :)

Laura wrote:
They have several colors. If youget thegrey one, duct tape blends right in with it! Laura

:foreheadsmack:

God, You sound like Raspberry! :disgust:

-Carolyn

I cut/pasted this from my reply to a previous coropast question................

We use coreplast in Willow's condo as the floor and the steps/shelf, we love the way it cleans up with just a damp cloth

I used to get mine from outdoor ads (4'x4' or 4'x8') at gas stations orcorner stores. But that source has dried up a bit. Seeif the Canadian Tire gas bars in your area has any.

Another good source is election signs.......after your next city /provincial / federal election, snag some. Just wait untilafter the polls close:p

If possible go for signs with paint on only one side and place that side down.

Willow'scurent floor says "Molson Export" and "Vaugn Minor Mayor"on the underside

To make it into a pan, cut it a little larger than you need, then scorethrough the first layer and fold it to make the lip. Re-enforce withduct tape.

I use Lysol Wipes followed by a damp cloth to clean it A+

A good friend of mine is a manager at sunocomaybe he could save me the old signs like pepsi/coke advertisementsigns. Good idea. It will save me a few but can use it as a wallbarrier. But I will be ordering new ones soon a friend of mine can getthem for 10 bucks a pop.

We're going to start searching for some soon.Things are pretty much back to a normal routine with us again (allcaught up on food shopping and bills).

I really, really want to get some of this stuff and go to town!

Johncdn wrote:
Oh, I think I should add, I feel the same way aboutCoroplast as a lot of you feel about "Woody Pet";):p
Dec 1, 2005.

Wooo Hoooo we're havin' an election! :colors:

Yes, it's a huge expense. And yes, it was caused bygovernment corruption. And yeah, I'm not comfortable with anyof the three parties......

But......

FREE COROPLAST ELECTION SIGNS FOR EVERYBODY!!!!!:bunnydance:

:rofl:I can just see you going and getting freesings of the canidates you relly dont like and lettingtherabbits pea on them.

I gave up trying to find coroplast... i went tohome depot and got them to cut me a piece of plexiglass to fit thecage.. Cost me 15.00 and just wipe it clean. Nicething about it is they can't chew it nor can they scratch it all up.

Susan

Back