Question about weighing kits...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhoffman

Reaction score
I didn't weigh my last litter. Now that I bought myself a scale for my breeding program, I decided that I would weigh kits from birth. Keep track of everything. Anyways, how on earth do you remember which is "kit 1" etc? Without pictures? My camera isn't in working order at this time and my phone battery sucks and dies super fast after being charged. So I have to go off memory. I wrote everything down lay night and just will try to remember which is which.

Do you weigh your kits? All my babies weigh between 35 and 40 grams. Soo tiny!!

I never weigh mine, until they're around show age and already named/tattooed. For Kitty, she starts weighing when they're around 4 weeks old, just to monitor growth rates for meat pen entries. Usually those we just use a permanent marker in their ear with a number. By the time everyone gets named/tattooed, the marker number is pretty much gone.

Yep, same here. We don't start weighing until they're about weaning age or a little older. We do it so we know when they reach minimum show weight. Before they're tattoo'd we use a permanent marker in their ear to keep track of them. It wears off.

Latest posts

Back