Question about sexing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fffarmergirl

Reaction score
You all are probably getting annoyed with me - I disappear for months and then post 3 new topics. This is the last one, I promise. I just figured I might as well ask now - who knows when I'll get on here again.

I've managed to sex all of my rabbits except one. I pressed on either side of the vent to see if a "boy part" or a "girl part" popped out. It was easier than I thought. I alsonoticed that my bucks are more muscular and feel different than the does. I had fun picking them up and guessing what they were before I checked.

There's one rabbit thatfeels like a boy. It's muscular and "tougher" feeling. But nothing comes out when I press around the vent - no girl parts or boy parts - and the vent is smaller than the other rabbits' vents. I'm not sure if I saw evidence of testicles. If it had them they were definitely withdrawn inside it's body - but I didn't see empty sacs.

They're about 4 months old.

So - what do you think?

Hmmm.... press a little harder? LOL! Sometimes if you put your fingertips on either side of the penis and slightly forward, you can feel the testicles tucked up inside the belly. But be gentle...

At 4 months if you don't see sacs, it's probably a girl. My liitle man was neutered at 4 1/2 months.

usually by this age even if they pull the testicles up you can see 2 bald patches where they should be ;) if they havea lot of fur just blow to move it to get a better look :)

Latest posts

Back