Question about scott towel tubes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAXX55

Reaction score
Just a curious question about those Scott towel and toilet paper tubes.

Is it OK for these fur balls:brown-bunnyto ingest what they chew off?

I read many threads and came across numerous statements about letting your bun chew on these tubes and also cardboard "stuff". My bun goes nutzy when they are in her way and tosses them about but I realize its good for their boredom. I started to fill mine with hay and it keeps her occupied for hrs.

Nancy McClelland wrote:
ours have been chewing and ingesting for 8 years now with no problems. They do love a Hay Tube for sure. We also have cardboard boxes all over--they chew, move them all around and hang out in them.

Mine also eat the cardboard in the rolls and seem fine; this has been going on for years also.
the cardboard in the boxes is just ripped off and left for me to sweep up each day.
I would guess that eating excessive amounts of cardboard is not good for them but I haven't had any of mine overeat on it .

I have had buns that ate Yeterdays news litter and also Carefresh ..this can be dangerous as this stuff expands, takes in liquid and dries out the poop

Latest posts

Back