Question about..rabbit poop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lola123

Reaction score
Hey again.
Lola's droppings are connected with her fur. I mean, none of them are released "single." sometimes 2-4 dropping are connected with one piece of fur. The picture attached kind of looks like the poop. The poop itself is perfectly round, dark brown, and like normal faeces should be, but they are just connected.

Is this normal?

Rabbit Faeces.jpg

That means she is ingesting a bit too much of her fur. Sometimes you will see the poos strung together like pearls. Whenever I see this, I try to encourage some more hay eating (by refreshing it more often) and give some papaya or papaya tablets. Usually I am more likely to see this during a shed.

But for your future reference, here is a good site about rabbit poos :yuck

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_diseases/drop/Drp_en.htm

Blue eyes is spot on, that tends to happen when the rabbit ingests a lot of their own fur when grooming. Rabbits can't throw up hairballs like cats, so they need to pass through the digestive tract and you'll sometimes see them connecting several droppings together. Make sure you're grooming your rabbit regularly, especially during a shedding season, and you should be fine. :) It's actually a good sign to see the hair coming out like this, since you know it's passing through and not forming a bezoar.

Latest posts

Back