question about nic panels

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnycarrot1

Reaction score
Can nic grids be used for a excersie pen ? AS I am thinking of making my own ex-pen for a flemish that i am thinking of getting pending parental approval :) so I was wondering can I make a expen out of nic grids ? I was thinking how can I do this ? I was thinking of adding a top to the expen out of nic .

You can make a pen out of the grids, but you will need quite a few. It should be at least 2 grids high as most rabbits can jump out if it is 1 high. A top won't really be stable for a large pen.

When I made the pen I use for agility, I started by making some 2X2 panels (4 grids each). I then attached these together until I got the size I wanted. Using zip ties is the easiest. You will need at least 2 for each seam of 2 grids, but can use more if you feel that is needed. The pen I have has 28 grids and can make a space that is 3X4 or 2X5 grids (it can also be smaller if needed).

I've made a couple pens out of NIC panels. My kids helped me build the pens. You just lay them out on the floor two high and zip-tie them together. I think my pen has 32 panels (and still cost about half what I'd pay for a 30" highX-pen!).I use caribiner clips to close the one side (I didn't form a complete circle).

Hope that helps!

Rue

i had to make my NIC pen with 3 cubes high for my flemish giants when i first got them...they would jump out of everything...so 3 high until they realized they couldnt jump over it and now im back down to 2 high and they dont even try to jump it....doin 3 high was very unstable i had to secure part of it to the wall...
what also helped keep them from jumping out was a fitted sheet on top ..it wrapped around the fence perfectly and if they see something that looks like a roof they wont try and jump out.

Bebe my Holland Lop was able to jump 4 feet out of her playpen. So depending on your bunny, you would have to learn what they can or can't do.

Latest posts

Back