Question about meds

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs. PBJ

Reaction score
What is Nutri cal?

And there is another fibr plex some thing that?

What is the feed that people use if they have to sugrin feed

I am trying to make a list of thing for storm emergency kit like if I have to evacuate again.

EX: My dogs each have there own bag to fit there needs bruiser has allergic reaction he has benydril where phoenix get tummy uspet so she has tummy meds.

So storm needs one hurricane season is coming around soon enough.

Fibreplex is made in the UK and isn't in the US
Critical care is made by the oxbow Company
at this point you need a prescription for it before they will send it to you (I think)

it is worth the effort to have a Dr write a prescription for critical care because it contains everything an ill rabbit needs including probiotics and also fiber .

I would call the oxbow number (they are located in nebraska ) and talk to customer service.

I get 6 bags at a time as I have a rabbit that lives off it because of his teeth.

it is good that you are putting an emergency kit together

http://oxbowanimalhealth.com/

if you click on "contact us' the customer service will tell you what you need to do

sometimes they will let you have it without a prescription if they know that you are rabbit saavy

Yeah my mom and pop store has critical care I just called and asked is there anything else special I should add to the back that you can think of

Kathy Smith has a complete list of everything one person needs for an emergencykit in one of her books. I will look it up and post it later

What do you have in the kit now?

A litter box

small bag of his pellets

gas meds a new bottle.

40 dollar wal mart gift card for vegys when we get where we are going.

A bag to put hay in befor we leave.

Will have critical care when I get it next week.

A picture of him and his microchip imformation

All vet records

Pop up plastic kennel big enpough for him to live in for a few weeks if need be

Bowls for water food hay and vegys and a water bottle just in case

A bag of litter cat litter but once I find a good liter that he will use I will change it.

His blanket

Some chews and toys I have bought two of everything he has and put the other in his kit.

My contact number and 3 other people to contact in the event we get seperated-this is on his kennel travel and pop up.

Leash and harness for controled extercise.

His feeding sheduale the ox bow thing that was in that thread. in the event we get seperated.

Anything else

Sorry if this seem like a lot but after house hopping for over 3 weeks and then having to do it for another 2 months I have put a lot of thought into this.

The dogs have about the same.

I want everyone to be ready to live for at least 4 weeks without having to buy anything me and ej have bags also.

If I have to evacuate I dont want to have to worry about packing I can grab bags and animals and not worry about that.

I will have to worry about finding a place to stay. And getting my furniture off the ground and such.

If I was told I had 10 mintues to leave the way I have everyhtin set up now I could.

One closet in my house is designated to emergency kits for the fam

Nutrical is different from critical care. It's made for dogs and cats and is an appetite stimulant that also has calories. It can be found in the dog or cat section and you want the malt flavored one.

Thank yall

I will be getting all this stuff.
and it would be good to have on hand anyway.

Kathy Smith has a whole chapter on "What to have in Your Medical Emergency Kit"
I was going to type it out but it is just too long .

I recommend that you order her book . and since she's now a member (krsbunny) I'm sure that she can tell you how to get it ;).....

"Rabbit health in the 21st Century" 2nd Edition

A Guide for Bunny parents

By Kathy Smith

Medical review by Noella Allan DVM

Latest posts

Back