Question about holland lop ears

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonrain

Reaction score
Hey!

So this came up in my blog - I have a 3 year old spayed female rabbit who I got from someone else when she was 2 years old. I was told that she was a holland lop that was originally bought from a breeder.

But she can control her ears. She can move them into different positions and completely hold them up when she wants too. Can she still be pure holland lop if she can move her ears? I know my other holland can't move his ears at all.

Here's some pictures of her. If she's not pure lop, what do you think she could be mixed with? I'm just curious. She weights about 4.5 lbs.

DSCN2812.jpg

DSCN2604-1.jpg

I don't really care what breed she is either way, I'm just curious!

The crown (area between the ears) is what determines a rabbit's ear carriage. Even in well-bred, purebred Holland Lops, you can see ear control. So ear control isn't usually enough to make any assumptions.

She looks like a purebred Holland to me. :)

I have two pure-bred, show quality((like, top half of the class usually)) Holland Lops who both have complete control over their ears.
So really she looks purebred to me. :p

Latest posts

Back