question about bunnys & there daily excercise

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littleboo

Reaction score
this question is probably more for you guys who have more than one rabbit:

i have 3 bunnys now ~ 2 girls & 1 boy and im finding itdifficult to share out the garden time equally between them. we have ahuge secure garden which they love to play in but i just wish theycould all be in it all day (obv that cant happen).:(

so i was wondering how much excercise your bunnys get per day and what they excersice in (garden, run, house etc)?

thanks x :D

Usually 2-4 hours is the minimum. Mine get afairly large run inside the house attached to their cage. I stick it onafter supper (around 530-600) and they can run in and out of it attheir discression for 7-8 hours+ depending on when I go to bed. Theyseem to enjoy it and they still get access to litter, food and water.

Could you make a run? My two are bonded so haveall day in their run. Even if you bought one then you could have tworabbits in the garden atone time then keep swaping untillthey've all had a run around.

I have 5 separate play times. Each ofmine get run of the house for two hours. It works great for us. Ourschedule goes something like this:

Apollo=7-9am
Christa=9-11am
Hopi=11am-1pm
Stormy=1-3pm
Koda & Norman=3-5pm

Then we start all over again. Three get out for twomorehours each and we alternate it every other day. It worksreally well for us.

Tina

My two usually get at least two hours aday. They are let out in the morning when I get home fromwork and in the evening before I go to work. My hubby usuallylets them stay out for another hour or so after I leave. Theyspend most of the rest of the day asleep.

Do you let your rabbits play separately or together? Ifseparate, I can definately see where you don't have time letting themall play. Are they spayed/neutered and bonded? Itmakes it so much easier!

yes suppose i could just get them arun each & put them on the lawn. but no they dont play togetheras the two girls fight & i dont want babies from the boys beingwith them! ive never really considerd getting them spayed, suppose imtoo scared if anything goes wrong & i lose them!

At my house things work at lot like they do atTina's. We have a strict schedule, and it runssmoothly. It does help that the critter room is bunnyproofed, so I don't have to supervise every second. Sampsonhas his time in the morning when I'm getting ready and then at nightwhen I'm going to bed. Delilah and Anissa now share the timein the evening. If I've had a long work day, they many eachonly get 1 hr or so, but there are rabbits out there that don't get anyfree time daily, so I think they are just fine. It helps thatat my house I have 2 bonded sets of does (Daisy, Basil and Abby andDelilah, Anissa and Corky). The only doe that gets time outalone is Lily because she absolutely hates other females.

Jen

My bunny routine isn't very predictable, but it really works :D

What I do is when I get up in the morning, I clean out theirhutches/cages and then let them in their runs for about 1 hour-2 hours.Then I return them to their cages for their breakfast.

About in the middle of the day I either take Daisy and Blaise out ontheir harnesses for a nice jump around, or a bring my little bun Oliverinside to my bedroom for some mommy bonding time (those big buns scarehim!!!) Then they get a little snack/treat to keep the busy.

And then around night time they either get another hour in their runs,or get to come inside for an hour, it usually depends on the weather.At that point I make sure everybody's water bottle is filled, hay rackis filled, and they have their night time veggies, and we all go tobed!!

I get what you mean by not having enough time, I have 1 bonded pair,and one single bun so it does get hard!! Hope you work out a routinethat fits you and your buns!!!

We only have 1 bunny and she lives inside with us. What we normally dois after tea time (at night) usually at about 8pm she gets to run andplay until roughly 10-10.30pm each night. On weekends she gets a littlelonger, but she usually gets 2 - 2 1/2 hrs a night each day.

Our family is either at work or school during the day, which is usuallywhen Bindy sleeps, so we all fit in together well :highfive:

Latest posts

Back