Question about a bun's behaviour.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ Good idea.
For vet visits, would something like this work?

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753524&cp=2767038.2769322&fbn=Taxonomy%7CTravel+%26+Outdoors&fbc=1&clickid=topnav_dropdown6_link12&parentPage=family&keepsr=1
It seems like it would be EXTREMLY small, but it has gotten good reviews. Remember I'm hardly the one buying it, and you are talking to the child of parents who used to sneek outside candy into movies do they don't have to pay a few bucks more for the movie candy...

Does anyone have any suggustions for a traveling cage that I could AFFORD?

By the way, so you know, I won't be driving. ^^; I'll be in the backseat with her.

EDIT: Flashy, by the way, I can't see the link you gave me. The bid expired when I got to it.

I just use a basic plastic cat carrier for my rabbits. Cheap brands are around $15 for the smallest size. I don't know how big your rabbit is, but keep in mind that you want to be able to get your hands in and pick it up while it's in there. It should be able to sit comfortably and lie down partially, but you actually don't want a whole lot of extra room. Too much space means that if something bad happens like a car accident, the rabbit will fly around inside the carrier more and has a greater chance of injury.

Sometimes I see used cat carriers at thrift stores like Goodwill, garage sales, etc. Just clean it with bleach before using it, because you never know if the last animal in it was healthy.

I bought a cute cloth carrier for the rabbits once. I thought it would be more comfy. It was quickly destroyed. Loki and Fey both would shred the fabric while inside. I kept it for emergency purposes but otherwise I'll never use it again, and I won't buy any more either.

http://www.seapets.co.uk/product-details/stkcode/664872/category/463.htmlanything like that is what I have. I have 6, and they are a variety of styles, but all similar to that. I got four of them really cheap at a vets fundraiser and I spent ages cleaning them and they are now as good as new.

Also check the small ads, maybe even online places like that Craigs List place thing (can you tell I'm not from over there, lol).

Thanks. ^^ I'll keep that in mind.

Flashy, do you know of any other sites like that (Other than Petco and Petsmart) that is like the site you gave me? I noticed it is in Euros(SP?), and I don't use that type of currency.

I don't know of any in the US sorry. Are you wanting to know to look to see what they offer or to buy via the web or something else?

Thanks.
I do have a cat carrior somewhere, I'll just have to dig it up and wash it. ;D

I'm just wondering about the transport options. ^^

nemo actually likes car rides. once, he peed on my seat and that sucked. but he likes to lay down in the bucket seats, nuzzle against the back of the seat, and just yawns and goes to sleep. i bring him to petsmart sometimes when i go to get him treats because they are just in awe of how good he is. i bring him to my friend diana's house a lot...they even have a litter box out for him and greens ready for him.

he's so the most spoiled rabbit :)

tracy

Actually an animal loose in a car is major bad. In an accident they would go flying out the car. I know it happens. Happened on another list I was part of. :(

agreed, jadeicing. nemo doesnt really do it anymore. when we do go, he is in the kitty carrier now, but its soft cased so i dont know how much better that is for him!

Aww, That's awful. D= Poor little thing.

I was really thinkig, though, my dad would we worried about BunBun gettign under his feet or something.

xila ---

like while he was driving? yeah, i understand how he would feel that way for sure. however, nemo is awesome and he just sleeps the whole ride and doesn't leave the bucket seat :) plus i definitely will not drive very far with him just sitting on the seat like that.

:)

tracy

Back