Queen Raven

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Libby Canavan

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Libby, I’m from the New York area. Through out my life, I’ve had 2 bunnies for many years each. I’ve always loved bunnies. Without knowing that I had bunnies, my 9 year old son started asking for one. Eventually, I caved but I didn’t tell him I caved. Instead I started looking around for bunnies (I wanted to start him with a young bunny.) I found a nearby breeder with a couple of litters that would be available within the next couple of weeks but she had 2 older bunnies available (left over from previous litters.) One was a grey/white male Holland lop and the other was an black female Holland lop (she’s 4 weeks older than the male.) I showed my son the pictures of both (I figured he’d go for the boy because of the coloring and the fact that it’s a male - keep in mind my son IS only 9.) But the second he saw the picture of the all black female, he took off his glasses and covered his face. I asked him what was wrong. He said, “She’s so cute I could cry!” and he burst into tears. For the rest of the night, he’d ask me to see the picture and he’d tear up whenever he saw it. For whatever reason, his heart just melted for her. While he was with his father this weekend, I worked to get everything ready for the bunny. She’s home now. (My son still doesn’t know). But he mentioned that if I agreed to let him have the bunny, he would name her “Queen Raven.” So this is our Queen Raven.

Ps. This is obviously going to be a combined effort. I have had 2 other bunnies and so this will be a learning experience for my son, but of course I will be the one teaching him. I think it’s important to teach a child to care for a pet young, like my parents taught me. In the past, I didn’t know about these kinds of rabbit communities so I’m happy to join!

Attachments

• 01C32889-98EC-4D1D-86D9-8FD61FAE8ECB.jpeg
    01C32889-98EC-4D1D-86D9-8FD61FAE8ECB.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Congrats!
Thank you! My son met her yesterday and he’s absolutely in love with her. Has been trying to learn as much as he can.

I have to say it’s taken her no time at all to get used to the family. We let her roam a lot and she’s very friendly. She’s particularly fond of my son - she tries to sniff him all over and crawls over him and on his lap. But she definitely has her sassy moments already... Oh no. ;)

She is gorgeous! I wish your son (and you) all the joys of animal friendship for many years.

Latest posts

Back