Quaker oats

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bummblebee

Reaction score
If I go to the store and buy plain quaker oats oatmeal can i give this to my rabbit or should I is the better question. Does it have any benifits for them or is it just a treat Or should I not give it at all?

As a treat, in moderation only!
A pinch once a day should be plenty...:)
Pinch=1/2 tsp
(this from the woman who stuffs her bunns with treats on a daily basis:faint:)

Danielle:)

Thank u so it is just a treat no other benifits thats what I needed to know.
Any suggestions for good foods to feed a nursing doe

I give the old fashioned oats in small quantities to my bun too and he loves them! He would eat the whole container if I let him lol. I'd agree with the above and say just make sure it's just a little bit, give in small amounts :)

I give my bun oatmeal every night when I put her in her cage. She loves them to death and tries to get in the bag! She also eats them out of my hand since she was a baby :)

Ibuy the oats by the pound from the health food section. I only give to my buns once a week~Fridays.

Mr.Marshmallow wrote:
I read that Quaker Oats help firm the rabbit's poop in case of a diarrhea. :)

This is a very good point, I'd forgotten about that.

Rabbits can overdose on starch quite easily, I've had it happen to one of mine. One of the strongest warnings is avoid giving them starch at all, but especially when they're suffering from a gut imbalance evidenced by cecal dysbiosis, which is runny cecals, so that's opposite advice.

More research is needed on this one!

sas :bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back