Quaker oats

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEAUKEZRA

Reaction score
My babies tried Quaker oats for the 1st timelast night. They love it. How much should they get? They were alltrying to get the container out of my hands but I just let them have acouple bites each.

i would just give them a 'sprinkle' if they are babies.

IMPO as adults you can feed around 1/2 teaspoon atop their foodsdepending on size (if your rabbit is a larger breed, then a little morecan be givin)

my buns love them too. . .i put theirs in a seperate dish, or elseherman and winnie dig all the pellets out of their dish to get theflakes that fell to the bottom!

All but 1 are over a year old. I just call thembabies LOL. I just don't know how much is too much. They always seem toget extra treats from me. I'm such a sucker for those little beggingfaces.

I've been giving my guys some with their pelletseach day, but last night I decided to see what they would do when I putsome in my hand as a "treat". They went nuts! They were climbing allover me, pushing eachother...they reminded me of baby goats. Morganever "kissed" me, well...nudged my lips, lol.

- Amy

Now I was wondering, can you just get regularoats? I have heard people mention getting "rolled" oats, butI never see those at the store. So are the ones pictured ok?

oatsoldfashionedvp4.jpg

yup! those are them!

you can also buy them in bulk at many health food stores (and grocery stores as well!)

i like mixing them with ryemeal. . .which is really something you onlyfind at health food stores. . .that is how i eat oatmeal. . .mixed withthe rolled rye. . .the rye stays firmer then the oatmeal. . .makes itso you don't have a bunch of mush in the bowl!

i use to feed the mixture to my old rabbit trixie, and she liked itthat way. . .haven't tried it with winnie and herman though. . .

did you give it to them dry or did you mix them with water, if so warm water or cold water

didnt realise you guys got quaker oats in the US, i thought it was onlyin the UK obviously i was wrong lol

My buns get 1/2 tsp every day with their pellets....dry, right out of the container.
Any brand will do. I used to buy a fancy Irish brand at the market, butI don't think there's much difference between them and the grocerystore brand.

If you're worried about them gaining any weight, you can substitute theammount of oats for pellets.(iow...give them 1/2 tsp less pellets).

Once you start giving them, plan on doing so EVERY day or you'll get some real dirty looks from the bunnies.
All I have to do is say "Bunnies wants oats?"....and they all immediately have their noses pushed through the cages.

:D
~Jim

Once you start giving them, plan on doingso EVERY day or you'll get some real dirty looks from the bunnies. AllI have to do is say "Bunnies wants oats?"....and they all immediatelyhave their noses pushed through the cages.

My boys only have to hear the zip lock bag open up, then they run overand start dancing and lean on my legs like little dogs, lol.

- Amy

I have Quaker Oats, but it says "1 minute" onthe container. Are these not a good kind to give to the bunnies? I amwaiting a couple of weeks before introducing any new foods besidespellets/hay and I've had these oatsfor a couple of months nowand i just don't eat them!

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back