Qstn for indoor bunny slaves of more than 2

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue eyes

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have kept singles and bonded pairs of indoor rabbits. I have seen, though, people on this forum with multiple rabbits. Do any of you have multiple rabbits that were not all from the same litter?

I have currently a bonded pair from a rescue (fixed). Have any of you been in this situation and added more rabbits? Mine are out loose in the house (downstairs) all day long, so if I were to add another rabbit(s), they would all have to get along. I understand (from experience) that bonding just doesn't always work.

I'm curious as to how you manage(d) this.

I don't but I have read many stories. I read one on fuzzy-rabbit.org I think, and she got her 3 rabbits separately, and bonded them. Its a process, but let the rabbit choose. Example-
You go take your bunny with you to a shelter. Ask to see some bunnies, and choose one. Take both bunnies to a place where neither has claimed 'theirs' I.e. a bathroom. See if they bond, in any way. It may take a bit. But if they seem as friends after ... 20 minutes maybe, there you go. If not, find another bunny and try again. :)

Yes, trinity, I'm quite familiar with the bonding process as I've done this before. I'm focusing more on multiple bonding when/since I already have 2 that are tightly bonded and one is male and one female. Rather complicates things. :p

I have two bonded M/F pairs that I am working to get along. I put a fence down the middle of my office. The kids are getting used to each other and take turns running around the house. I moved them into the same room in March, so it is an extremely long process. They are ignoring each other more and more. They are no longer peeing on the floor to mark thank goodness. My vision is to let them all be able to run around together safely.

I would suggest taking your pair on a date to find a mate they both like. Keep us up to date. :)

MiniLopHop wrote:
I have two bonded M/F pairs that I am working to get along. I put a fence down the middle of my office. The kids are getting used to each other and take turns running around the house. I moved them into the same room in March, so it is an extremely long process. They are ignoring each other more and more. They are no longer peeing on the floor to mark thank goodness. My vision is to let them all be able to run around together safely.

I would suggest taking your pair on a date to find a mate they both like. Keep us up to date. :)

That does sound like a lot of work! Mine are quite used to having full run of the downstairs all day long. I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate me cutting back their roaming area. ;)

We also have a labradoodle who shares their space. I've always wanted a Flemish Giant and was fantasizing about getting one that could get along with the other pets. Flemish's are hard to come by where I am. If I got one, I'd have to go thru a breeder, which means not fixed, which means the bunny-date thing wouldn't really be relevant since he/she needs to be fixed first. <sigh>

I don't see how I could work this out.

I have a bonded trio all from different litters. Atticus was born in August of 2011, Pidge and Starling are unrelated but both born April 2012. It was one of those kismet situations where they immediately started grooming each other. I brought the two little girls home at 2 months old, so I think their younger age helped things a bit.

:)

Samara wrote:
I have a bonded trio all from different litters. Atticus was born in August of 2011, Pidge and Starling are unrelated but both born April 2012. It was one of those kismet situations where they immediately started grooming each other. I brought the two little girls home at 2 months old, so I think their younger age helped things a bit.

:)
Is Atticus a neutered boy? I see your girls aren't old enough to be spayed yet. It will be interesting to see if the 3 maintain their bond once your girls' hormones kick in. Or after (if) they get spayed. :confused2:

Latest posts

Back