Qingqing has another wound

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flashy, she didn't eat any of the Nutrical I put on a place for her last night, nor the sunflower seeds. She ate the vegetables and pooped little poops. A lot of little poops.

Thanks for the sentiments, Naturestee. I don't know whether we can blame the vets here or not. Maybe they just don't get the training. The one I go to seems to really care about Qingqing. He's even called me at home to check on her.

She didn't move much during the night. I woke up crying. I think it's time to let her go. Can a rabbit recover after being this thin?

I've started a new thread. Now I must eat something and get my blood sugar up.

I don't have classes this morning, and I can cancel my afternoon class if I need to.

Thanks, Pam. As it is, she's eating her vegetables now. And I noticed that last night she ate the sunflower seeds, about a tablespoonfull, but not the Nutrical.

But she whines when I pet her thin little back.

My eggs are getting cold. I'll get back to this soon.

I think she meant "staph" infection, and without some kind of skin scraping or otherwise method of testing, we don't know if it is or not.

Yes, that's what I meant, sorry. I was talking to the kids and responding.

Staph is like skin infections people get from different viruses. (EDIT: from bacteria - I'm an idiot lol) There's a serious one here in the states right now that has become drug resistant.

I wish you had a good rabbit vet there :( She's so adorable. She always has caught my attention since she is so unique. I wish I could help somehow.

Bo, staph is caused by bacteria, Staphylococcus spp., not by a virus...or did I misread what you said...

Oops! a bacteria not virus because virus' aren't treated with antibiotics anyhow.

My brain is lacking tonight I guess.

And there is a mutation MRSA that is bad.

and..... it can manifest in different forms......

right? :D

ChinaBun wrote:
Flashy, she didn't eat any of the Nutrical I put on a place for her last night, nor the sunflower seeds. She ate the vegetables and pooped little poops. A lot of little poops.
Sorry, I got confused, when you said about it in her collar and on her face I thought she had eaten it, sorry.

Sorry, I really did get myself wound up in a knot. Sorry.

I know that it is too late for qingqing but I think I might have found something for you to look into. I also don't know if you could get it from her. It causes weight loss, dry/scaley skin, alopecia, more.

Leishmaniasis

faculty-mendez-fig2.jpg

Leishmaniasis is an interesting theory, but it is unlikely that the tiny sand flies could bite through the rabbit's thick coat, and would most likely attack the unfurred ears (as in the photo) or around the nose (as in a number of cases with dogs).

Pam

I noticed when I was looking at it, that there were many animals that had it on their trunks. I wonder if there is another insect carrying it?

Looking around it just reminds me of her.

Latest posts

Back