Puppy Liner

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not I. I use the TSC equine pellets and a teeny bit of care fresh bedding and he does his thing for 6 days and I take it outside dump it into a trash bag and rinse it with water hose, take it inside and wash it and nothing ever sticks. I found that soaking any stains in straight up vinegar for at least thirty mins to an hour gets every stain off. It amazed me. I used to line the bottom with newspaper then put care fresh over that bit I was very smelly and stuff would get through and stick to the box so I tried the equine pellets and I love them no smell or anything :)

I live in a really small apartment, and the cage takes up almost half the room haha...
So cleaning it outside with a hose would be out of the question. I usually line the litter box with a plastic bag and put the bedding on top, but was wondering if puppy pads would be an option

Personally I'd be too worried about my rabbits chewing the thin plastic and ingesting it. I use a layer of newspaper with feline pine on top.

I use a puppy pad around her cage to keep my apartment floor clean (oh apartment life!), but I've found anything I try to line her litter box with gets torn into in no time flat. Puppy pads are paper over a cotton pad with a very thin plastic underneath. Perfect for ripping to shreds, not so perfect in tummies.

Not I. I use the TSC equine pellets and a teeny bit of care fresh bedding and he does his thing for 6 days and I take it outside dump it into a trash bag and rinse it with water hose, take it inside and wash it and nothing ever sticks. I found that soaking any stains in straight up vinegar for at least thirty mins to an hour gets every stain off. It amazed me. I used to line the bottom with newspaper then put care fresh over that bit I was very smelly and stuff would get through and stick to the box so I tried the equine pellets and I love them no smell or anything :)

6 days!? That's amazing! Charlie needs a change everyday or he smells and I want zero smell!

Ditto to the puppy pad being a chewing risk.

I use wood stove pellets and I scoop out the pee part of their litter boxes twice a day. I want no smell either! Then, deep cleaning I use water and vinegar.

I used puppy pads with Julie for a short time. We had just found out that she had arthritis and it was really bothering her to get into a litter box and the grate was also bothering her feet. I have to use a grate to protect the litter as she will eat all litter as if it was dinner. I put the puppy pads where the litter box had been. She would poop and pee on the pads and not tear up the pads. This was when we were sorting out her meds for her Arthritis. The minute she was feeling better I went right back to litter and a box as she started to tear the pads.

Back