Puppy Hurting Rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trixiesowner

Reaction score
Ok, my puppy Sage is hurting Trixie on purpose!At first we immedietly found out that they had to be seperated so forawhile we had Trixie in her run around pen and Sage free. It was great,Trixie taunted Sage, outsmarted him, got right next to the cage. Butthen Sage was nipping Trixie through the metal.

Do you think they'll ever be friends? If so, how can I help it happen? :?

Hi Trixiesowner,

Sounds unlikely that they'll be friends for awhile. Even if they areable to be out together, which I wouldn't chance, all it takes is onetime for the puppy to get a little rambunctious to really hurt Trixie.Sage is just being a puppy and may or may not know she's playing rough.Some dogs can't get past that natural instinct, as you know. It's myhope that when Sage mellows a bit, things will get better.

I hope someone here can help you figure out a perfect solution to make them get along as best buddies.

-Carolyn

it tookawhile for my bun and dog tobecome friends.now i watch both my dogs w/ my bun and as i have leanedmy dog is a australian shepard and they "nip" the herd theyare tendind to....its in there genes but she is careful not to hurt thebun but im there to watch the movements the dogs makes

Back