Promoting play

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epopcorns

Reaction score
I recently got my first rabbit (after a good bit of research) and I'm looking to find ways to keep him happy. I know all rabbits have different tastes, but I would like to know of any toys or activities that your buns have or like.

My bun loves anything that he can chew on! I've come to realize since I found this forum that can be pretty cheap too. For instance, and cardboard box that I already had around the house. He is going nuts tearing it to pieces; he's so happy he's even binkied! On his pen I have a metal stick that has different chew blocks on it, and I can change them when I want. It has a bell at the bottom and he likes to ring that too. He also likes to dig, so I often get him these hay mats, and he digs and chews on them. :biggrin2:

EDIT: Here he is with his box, it's much more shredded now though.

15197_171949_360000000.jpg

There are so many toys my rabbit likes and most are cheap or free! His favorites are empty cardboard paper towel or toilet paper tubes. He chews on them and tosses them around. He also loves boxes. I have a long skinny one - about 8 inches square and about four feet long that my hammock came in. I opened up both ends and it makes a wonderful tunnel and chewing place. The floor of the tunnel is completely gone in some places where he digs and chews. You could also go to a building supply store like Home Depot and get a round cardboard cement form for a tunnel. I have one of those too and my rabbit loves it. It was around $6.

My bunnies love those plastic cat balls with the bells inside. I can get a dozen for $2 at the dollar store.
McDonalds drink trays are fun too rip up, empty egg cartons(the cardboard ones) are a big hit too. You can fill them with hay. I bought some sisal rope(dollar store) and cut a 6 inch lenght and tie it in knots they like too toss them around too.

My boy Smokey was kept in a shed in the smaller breeder cages, the first day inside my house he started too play with the cat toys :)

All of the above, plus we have also made a two story condo out of cardboard boxes. And for those that love to dig after they're done chewing on their cardboard, we put a litter pan full of shredded newspaper inside and apple box with the ends cut for a small opening and filled a large litter pan with newspaper shreds. Coal will get in and all you can see are her ears or else just the paper moving around.

onelilmermaid wrote:
My bun loves anything that he can chew on! I've come to realize since I found this forum that can be pretty cheap too. For instance, and cardboard box that I already had around the house. He is going nuts tearing it to pieces; he's so happy he's even binkied! On his pen I have a metal stick that has different chew blocks on it, and I can change them when I want. It has a bell at the bottom and he likes to ring that too. He also likes to dig, so I often get him these hay mats, and he digs and chews on them. :biggrin2:

EDIT: Here he is with his box, it's much more shredded now though.

15197_171949_360000000.jpg
LOL OMG, I also thought the bunny was a skull. So cute never the less :innocent

I also had to do a double take on the pic and thought bun was a skull! LOL!

Latest posts

Back