Procedure for worming bunnies?

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Imbrium

Jennifer
Reaction score
What you want is fenbendazole; the brand name is Panacur. They sell a rabbit formula that should come with dosage instructions.

Imbrium

Jennifer
Reaction score

This is a great video on how to syringe food or meds. I would do a small amount at a time so it coats their mouth without being enough to spit out a significant amount, since that would make it harder to dose accurately. If you have trouble, measure out one dose and then mix in some fruit flavored baby food (banana is a nice strong flavor to help mask the meds) before sucking it into a syringe (which you can buy in the pharmacy section of any store).

majorv

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, unless they’re exposed to worms (allowed to run on the ground outside or around other pets with worms) you wouldn’t normally do preventative worming for pet rabbits.

Imbrium

Jennifer
Reaction score
That's true, I didn't think to ask because I haven't had dogs in a couple decades so the concept of preventative worming didn't cross my mind. The others are right, that's not something one normally does with rabbits.

Leo the Lop

Reaction score
Oh, the breeder I got Leo from actually said that most people don’t, but that she always worms all her bunnies before they go to their new homes just to make sure.

I don’t know if Polish or Rapunzel have been running around outside or not, I didn’t think to ask that when I adopted them, so figured I should worm them to make sure.

Also I saw on some websites that rabbits should be routinely dewormed, but maybe they were talking about outside rabbits.

Latest posts