Procedure for worming bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What you want is fenbendazole; the brand name is Panacur. They sell a rabbit formula that should come with dosage instructions.

This is a great video on how to syringe food or meds. I would do a small amount at a time so it coats their mouth without being enough to spit out a significant amount, since that would make it harder to dose accurately. If you have trouble, measure out one dose and then mix in some fruit flavored baby food (banana is a nice strong flavor to help mask the meds) before sucking it into a syringe (which you can buy in the pharmacy section of any store).

That's true, I didn't think to ask because I haven't had dogs in a couple decades so the concept of preventative worming didn't cross my mind. The others are right, that's not something one normally does with rabbits.

Oh, the breeder I got Leo from actually said that most people don’t, but that she always worms all her bunnies before they go to their new homes just to make sure.

I don’t know if Polish or Rapunzel have been running around outside or not, I didn’t think to ask that when I adopted them, so figured I should worm them to make sure.

Also I saw on some websites that rabbits should be routinely dewormed, but maybe they were talking about outside rabbits.

Latest posts

Back