Problems With Molting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashsqueaky

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this question. My bunny Monty is not really sick but hes molting quite a lot, especially on his head. The vet said it looked like normal molting and his skin looked fine when I took him in today to get neutered which is when I asked them about that. The problem that is bothering me is that clumps of fur keep getting stuck on his eyes and he gets eye gunk that forms around it. I am brushing him to try to prevent more from getting in his eye but my brush doesn't seem to do much and I can't seem to get the eyes gunk out with a warm wet washcloth. I can see it moving around on his eyeball its just so dern difficult to get out, should I just put his eye under the sink? Or should I not even worry about it and let it come out itself? I may be overly worried because this is my first bunny but any advice would be appreciated.

No experience with this as I'm also a newish bun owner, but can you get some sterile saline solution (like for contact lens wearers) and gently drip that into his affected eye? It's probably more comfortable than tap water.

Latest posts

Back