Problem with slugs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the rabbits don't have free run where you slug problem is, then maybe those slug pelletthings?

But if the bunnies have a chance of coming across them, or them getting into their area, you probably don't want to risk that.

Slugs shrivel with salt and can't cross a salt barrier, not sure how that helps though, lol, it probably helps not a lot.

I have just done a salt trail but it's starting to rain again so it will wash away. When I got up this morning there were 7 slugs in BigWigs hutch. I am getting reall anoyed. It is getting dark now and I can see all the slugs coming.

Hmm, not suire if it would work, and it would sure as hell trap more than just the slugs, but what about getting some elephant, or duck, tape, and having that sticky side up. Maybe just folding the ends over and sticking them down.

You could do that around the hutch and it might work.

Not sure if it would cope with rain though, I sort of feel it would given that if you get a piece stuck on you the sticky doesn't come off when you try to wash it off,you have to get stuff stuck to it and it wears off.

Slugs are a pain in the butt :grumpy:! We get tons of thse huge grey tiger slugs here and I hate 'em.

You can try getting an old margarine container or something similar and partially filling it with beer, the slugs are meant to like beer and end up going in to drink it and drown. Of course place it outside the hutch, don't want a tipsy bunny! :biggrin2:

NZminilops wrote:
You can try getting an old margarine container or something similar and partially filling it with beer, the slugs are meant to like beer and end up going in to drink it and drown.
Yep! I couldn't quite remember what we did when we had them on our Hostas outside. My first thought was the beer, but I wasn't fully sure. Now I remember correctly;).

Beer or Pepsi works very well. Put out dishes as night and the slugs crawl in and drown.

Pam

Latest posts

Back