Problem With Gender

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, just a phrase out of frustration. I have told every one of mine at one time or another "Cut that out before I feed you to Halo." (Halo is my wolfdog) I'd never actually even consider feeding any of my rabbits to any predator but, they get aggravating at times and, the look they give me when I say that is priceless, as if they actually understand me. (I know it's just the tone of voice they are picking up on) but they give me a look that says "Sorry Mom, I'll be good."

If you can, I'd let the two rabbits be next to each other with a wire barrier between them so they can sniff and get aquainted that way, but neither can fight with the other for a while. Once they are relaxing close to each other, bonding may go better with them.

Now that I think about it I am totally guilty of such frustration too, I have threatened to sell my kids on ebay a few times! ;) . Actually, just the other day I told Charlotte my Golden Retriever to "go eat Kellie" after Kellie (African Grey Parrot) got off her cage, marched over to Stewie's (bunny) cage and tried to climb in with him. Charlotte just looked at me and came over for snuggles, she would never hurt Kellie (they love each other!) and I would never want any of my critters hurt....

The same thing happened with my bun. I've had him/her since November. We thought it was a boy. Took it to the vet, and they said it was a girl. Few weeks later he humps my brother and sure enough a penis pops up. My mom still accidentally calls him a girl

Wow XD

We adopted Clark thinking he was a female and called him Scarlet

We adopted Lois thinking she was a boy named Lewis

Hey it worked out just not the way we wanted it too!

Wow XD

We adopted Clark thinking he was a female and called him Scarlet

We adopted Lois thinking she was a boy named Lewis

Hey it worked out just not the way we wanted it too!

LOL! Ain't it always the way!

My African Grey Parrot is named Kellie, got her when she was 6 weeks old and hand fed her, there is really no way to tell the sex of most parrots except by educated guess (or blood feather sexing). Head shape is a sometimes good hint in Greys but we had a "female" we named Maggie who turned out to be a male, his head shape is exactly like Kellie's, but we know she is a female due to her yearly clutch of eggs. I thought Kellie was a nice neutral name (it was actually Kelly until we found out she was a female). Luckily with bunnies a vet or good breeder can give you a 100% answer. I'm sure Lois likes her new name, it's cute! :)

Latest posts

Back