Probiotic Question...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenk

Reaction score
Is it possible to O.D. a bunny on probiotics by combining two of them?

For the past 1.5 weeks, I've given an enzyme-probiotic compound to my Zoe (mixing it with water and syringe-feeding it to her). But now she's refusing to take it without a fight--and I don't want to cause her stasis from stress.

I'm also uncertain if she's ready for leafy greens yet. (She's been eating solely timothy hay since mid-March, andher vet wants her back on greens now.) So I'm wondering if it's okay to mix the a smaller (than the prescribed) amount of the compound with Bene-Bac, which she lovesand takes willingingly. Still, I don't want to overdose her, either--if that's possible.

Thank you,

Jenk

XxMontanaxX wrote:
Have you tried mixing the probiotic with baby food?
No but only because I'm uncertain that her digestive system can handle much of anything. She'd been on solely timothy hay for 1.5 months (a correction to my initial post) to help her gut flora rebalance itself (along with the help of the many medications she was taking).

As of today, I've given her half of a peppermint leaf (which sounds crazy, I know; but she can be that sensitive). Tomorrow--assuming that her overnight poops are relatively normal (for her)--I will try adding the probiotic compound to another peppermint leaf.

Jenk

Latest posts

Back