Pricing info. ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kadish Tolesa

Reaction score
We've decided not to breed Goopy and Bella ; and just have pets for a while w/o showing. Sooo, called around to breeders and after a week have a couple who are familiar with the breeder of Goopy and want them both as a pair for showing,etc.

They are coming tomorrow to look at them and I'm wondering if 30.$ for the pair is too much ? As I've said, they're pedigreed but w/o papers. Both of their previous owners have the papers available to buy; but as I wasn't sure about breeding them when I bought them, I purchased them at pet price. Together, I'm letting them go for less than I paid ; but they're not babies anymore and probably won't go for much more. Any suggestions appreciated.

Adult rabbits that are ready go and especially to breed are worth a lot more than "cute" little pet babies.

How much did you buy them for?

Just out of curiosity, what breed are they?

Goopy was 25. and Bella was 30.$ They're both Jersey Woolies... Goopy is a brkn. chestnut and Bella is an ermine . Before I bought Goopy I called his breeder and asked them to sell me something compatible with Bella's coloring ; so they can be bred together.

The people who called me about the pair will probably be buying Goopy's pedigree from his breeder ; they sound like they're excited and ready to get into Jersey Woolies.

I would think you could get more for the both of them..

Maybe close to around $45? But thats just my thoughts, I dont know much about pricing bunnies.

Thanks for the advice ; I'll give it a thought....it's hard to price buns fairly and reasonably - - because if the prospective buyers want babies, and it doesn't happen, then they have to go out and buy more buns. I know it's not my concern; but having been on the other side of the fence.... I'll let everyone know how it turns out :)

Well, I ended up asking 50.$ for the pair ....they seemed happy with them and I think they liked Goopy the best. I told them how I picked their names and about Sims2.

Sent their brush along as I wanted them to use THAT one. ( I loved that brush - - - Fleet Farm's retractable bristle, but Gimbel and Emily only need the soft-bristled one. )

All's well that ends well...Emily wants a new toy now.... :)

Latest posts

Back