Prices?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Martin Pellets sells two brands, one with Timothy Hay basedpellets and the other with Alfalfa based pellets. I have no problems giving my two bunnies alfalfa (alfalfa hay, alfalfa cubes or alfalfa pellets), but I would give them less or use it as a treat.

I feed mine Martin Timothy based pellets as they choose them over Oxbow pellets. I am sticking with Martins, as I never had any health issues with my bunnies, and their weight has been very consistent.

I do find the store prices have increased every time I purchase a new bag of Martins.
Every month or two, the prices moved from $16.50 to $17.95 to $19.50 for the largest11 lb. bag.

The current price in Edmonton for the 10 lb. Oxbow pellets is $25.95

I agree with you, Baby Juliet that, 'Healthy young rabbits don't have those problems specially if they are fed more hay and greensthan pellets and have room enough to run around all day.'
Pellets are only a small part of the rabbits diet, but the thing about sickly pet rabbits in my opinion is due to the junk foods that we tend to spoil our rabbits with.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
undergunfire wrote:
APD looks pretty good, but with shipping for me for 50lbs it will be about $63 ($1.26 per lbs...still not bad). I forgot how much it costs to get a 50lbs bag sent to me through Oxbow...I'll have to find that out today.

Oxbow quit selling directly to the public awhile back.

I thought you were still able to order them directly over the phone :??

undergunfire wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
undergunfire wrote:
APD looks pretty good, but with shipping for me for 50lbs it will be about $63 ($1.26 per lbs...still not bad). I forgot how much it costs to get a 50lbs bag sent to me through Oxbow...I'll have to find that out today.

Oxbow quit selling directly to the public awhile back.

I thought you were still able to order them directly over the phone :??
I belive you should be able to.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Martin Pellets sells two brands, one with Timothy Hay basedpellets and the other with Alfalfa based pellets. I have no problems giving my two bunnies alfalfa (alfalfa hay, alfalfa cubes or alfalfa pellets), but I would give them less or use it as a treat.

I feed mine Martin Timothy based pellets as they choose them over Oxbow pellets. I am sticking with Martins, as I never had any health issues with my bunnies, and their weight has been very consistent.

I am also using Martin's: my guys are on the Less-Active Adult formula... Slatey's had it for the past 3 years.
No dietary challenges so far, no stasis, diarrhea or anything.

My rabbits' weights have also been consistent... however, since the addition of an even larger run, the boys have trimmed down considerably.

As Stan noted, the price is around the 18 dollar mark in my area.

Oh wow! I hope so Amy! I need to try to find out!

I was told by our vet that at one year of age, bunnies need to be put on Timothy pellets. However, they can have ALfalfa pellets with a good Timothy hay or start them out on Timothy pellets and feed good alfalfa hay. We had to put Bo on Timothy hay early cause he was allergic to hay dust - especially the alfalfa.

Anyhow, I'm going to do some more looking around.... I'm hoping I have a chance next week - right now I'm bombarded..... some of it self-bombarding (painting) and I started getting sick yesterday. *sigh*

Latest posts

Back