Price Difference on Oxbow Products

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
Hi, you guys who live in the States don't know how lucky you are with the prices you pay for Oxbow products.

I checked on both the American & Canadian websites and the difference is ridiculous.They certainly can't use the Canadian dollar as an excuse anymore as ours has been worth more than the American dollar now for a while now. I realize they have to ship it up here but really the prices here are just way to high. I did up a comparison (see below) and sent it to Oxbow in the States asking them why the big price difference.

PRODUCT
SIZE
US PRICE VS
CANADIAN PRICE

Western Timothy Hay
15oz
$4.25
$7.99

40oz
$8.50
$14.99

9lbs
$15.25
$45.99

25lbs
$19.75
$61.99

50lbs
$28.75
$74.99

Brome Hay
15oz
$4.25
$7.99

9lbs
$15.25
$45

Oat Hay
15oz
$4.25
$7.99

Bunny Basics/T
5lbs
$6.50
$12.99

10lbs
$9.50

50lbs
$24.75

Susan:?

This was in a chart for but when I copied it this is what it came out as. Sorry

Holy shnikeys!! That is a HUGE difference...will be curious to see what they say...did that price include shipping, even if so,....wow!

That is truely odd. What about if you ordered from the bunny store website that I posted in the main forum?

Maybe if you didn't order from Oxbow directly, it would be cheaper? There aren't any Canadian stores that carry and sell Oxbow?

Oxbow does not ship directly to customers in Canada. At least that is what they told me when I contacted them. Those prices are 'standard' prices for Oxbow products here and they are without shipping. The only places that carry Oxbow here are vet clinics(at least in my area that's the case) or you have to order it online and have it shipped.

Yes, Oxbow does not ship to Canada. There are however certain Veterinary Clinics, Shelters, and possibly a few pet stores (that I have yet to find!) that sell Oxbow products or "legal distributers" as Oxbow has emailed to me. Which again, are sold for a much higher price - plus that carrier has to make a profit for themselves for selling Oxbow.

I buy a jar of 500 papaya tablets for $22. A 5 lbs bag of Oxbow 15/23 for $13.75. A 5 lbs bag of Oxbow Timothy T is $15.00!

This was the reply i got from Oxbow:

[align=left]Dear Susan,[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Thank you for contacting Oxbow Pet Products with your concerns about the pricing in Canada, unfortunately we cannot control what prices are being charged by our distributors, it is quite costly to ship products to Canada. I have listed below some of the shipping charges to ship direct from Oxbow Pet Products.[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]15 oz Hay[/align]
[align=left]USPS - $16.00 USD - Priority Mail[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]40 oz Hay[/align]
[align=left]USPS - $18.60 USD - Priority Mail[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]9 lb Hay[/align]
[align=left]USPS - $30.50 USD - Priority Mail[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]25 lb Hay [/align]
[align=left]USPS - $55.70 USD - Priority Mail[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]50 lb Hay or Pellet[/align]
[align=left]USPS - $89.30 USD - Priority Mail[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]As you can see it is quite expensive to ship to Canada, then there are also the Canadian Customs duties and taxes that also need to be paid.[/align]
[align=left]We do have a few customers that have their product shipped to a place here in the states and then come over and pick them up, I don't know if that is something that you can do or not, that way the shipping is cheaper, you would still have to pay the customs fees etc. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Best regards,[/align]
[align=left]Teresa[/align]

Thats so crappy- especially because they can ship to Michigan but not to like right across the border?

Heres what we need to do- If Chris is ever coming out near Sarnia or Windsor let me know and I'll bring you some bags over if you give money for gas to get there and back :)

Or you and Nadia and Crystal could come visit me sometime ;)

Latest posts

Back