Prevention

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatkiidsean

Reaction score
Hey guys!

It's been a while since I've posted anything, but I returned home from my vacation in California, and I am extremely close to getting my bunny (should be within the next month!).

I just have one question: what is the best way to prevent sore hocks?

The bottom of my x-pen will be fleece blankets layered on top of one another, which is going to be on top of carpet. Should this be enough? Or should I add more to help prevention, and if so, what should I add?

:yahoo:

That's sounds fine, as long as it doesn't have wire floors your new bunny should be happy

~Shida (and Shell)

That sounds like a great setup to prevent sore hocks. :)

Sounds great! My bun just had a simple towel on the bottom of his cage and he's doing alright! :D

Wire floors don't create sore hocks in many cases, unless the rabbit is predisposed to getting them or there's a genetic abnormality causing the problem. Even carpet and blankets can cause sore hocks in those cases. If you're getting a large breed rabbit or a breed prone to sore hocks, you'll just need to watch his feet closer.

Latest posts

Back