Presenting...The Muppet King!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard that. I tried it once with the hair dryer set on cold and Houdini flipped out! Luckily he's not a show bunny so I can leave his fur more relaxed. I just comb through it to make sure there are no tangles. Sophie isn't as good at preventing tangles behind his ears as his first bunwife, Cinderella, was.

Wow, bet that takes some looking after. Bandy hates being groomed by me...I do manage to get a comb to him and the other two keep his fur under control, they are great little groomers for him. Never used a hair dryer on him, wonder if he´s end up like this one lol

Here´s Houdini giving Bandy his daily clean

Loveyou.jpg

:bunnybutt:

Isn´t he lovely, I love the furry tufts on his ears and he´s such a lovely colour. Not at all like my Houdini and I bet he´s a lot better behaved lol.
Do you find it hard to groom him or is he really good and stays still for you ?? Would love some tips as I have terrible trouble and he ends up with little knots which I have to cut.

:ponder:

I love the tufties too. When he comes hopping out to the livingroom just to see what we are doing he has his head and ears up and he makes me think of an old man in fuzzy trousers :p

Is it any wonder his middle name is Muppet? He did earn his name though, he has a naughty streak a mile wide! He is pretty good for the grooming other than other his chin, he bites at the comb when I do that area. He also is not a fan of the bottom belly area, but really who is? I start off with a wire brush and/or rake, then a wide toothed comb, then the small toothed comb. Also I work from the ends up to detangle so it doesn't tie into a knot. Work in layers all around the body before moving to the belly and brush the legs while they are upright. At least my Houdini doens't appreciate being on his back for long. He tollerates the leg brushing and toenail clipping much easier if I let him stay right side up and just pull a leg out. Having a cloth or rug surface on the table also helps so they don't feel like they are slipping, yet they can't just hop away either. I reward good behavior with Cheerios. As long as I have the Cheerio container (a clear glass jar) on the table he's much better behaved. In early summer I pluck him bald when the hair all comes lose, which on him it is much lighter where it's loose vs what is still attached. That helps him stay cool in the summer and grow in nice wool for the winter, so he's back to a fluffball now.

I've been trying to persuade mum to let me have a couple of these fluffies for awhile now; I told her we could learn to spin their wool, and stuff! Not impressed.

Only partially serious anyway. My rescue only policy excludes breeders, and I doubt one of these would come up in a rescue.

I've been trying to persuade mum to let me have a couple of these fluffies for awhile now; I told her we could learn to spin their wool, and stuff! Not impressed.

Only partially serious anyway. My rescue only policy excludes breeders, and I doubt one of these would come up in a rescue.

Keep your eyes open, Houdini is a rescue. His mom was taken from a hoarder in Canada and he was born at the rescue who took in two pregnant does. Every year at the rescue holiday party I get to see his former foster mom, siblings, and cousins. :thumbup

I have to confess to thinking he's the most beautiful, but I'm biased. Seriously though, they had a hard time placing all of them because of the hair upkeep. Word of warning, the hair gets EVERYWHERE! When I was on vacation in FL I would still find tufties on my clothes.

Back