Pregnant or Not

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What beautiful pictures and gorgeousrabbits. They're so easy on the eye! No wonder whyyou've got some champions there! I love the pictures of thefur. The colors are so beautiful.

Congratulations, SunnieBunny.

-Carolyn

Labor signs differ from one rabbit to the next...

One of my doe's actually stood and stretched her nose to the top of hercage (proping herself up with one leg on the side of her cage) and youcan see her belly tightening durring contractions.... she did this fornearly 10 hours or so. She started to pull fur 2hrs beforeshe actually kindled, then I noticed her spending more time in hernestbox.... so of course, I decided to camp out at her cage to catchthe event. I lucked out - she had them at 10pm, and not onlydid I witness the birth... I got to video tape it. She showedno labor signs with hersecond litter though.

My other doe's showed no signs what so ever until I noticed fur in the box and there were wiggly baby bunnies under it.

Something big enough to get in but not too big.It's just to make a nest in. Like that box in a recent post by Lanna(Chloe is the bunny), depending on the rabbit size. she will havebabies in there (we hope!).

Rose

rabbitluvr04 wrote:
what kind of box
.the cage isnt that big!

Rabbitluvr04,

It depends onthe type of rabbit you have as to what size nest box she needs. Sincei'm relatively new here and dont remember exactly what breed of rabbiteveryone has I'll post the sizes for all.

dwarfs...12" long x 8" wide x 8" tall

Medium...15" long x 10" wide x 10" tall

large...18" long x 12" wide x 12 tall

You should make sure thatthe front of the nest box is somewhat closed in to preventthe kits from crawling out onto the wire, but make sure mama bun hasample room to get into the nest box. (if they do and youcatch them in time they'll be ok, but if not they can die from exposuresince they cant regulate their body temp yet) The mama bunny will NOTput the babies back in the nest so you need to be watchful. Hope thishelps.

Lanna

Latest posts

Back