Pregnant or false pregnancy ???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TulipnFern

Reaction score
Please don't mind the mess here, I got this vid just before cleaning her pen.
I did not intentionally breed her, it was an accidental escape by our male in the middle of the night. No injuries, we just don't know when he had jumped into her pen as we woke up to them chasing each other

I think it was about 3 or so weeks ago and she has made a nest, she pounces and grunts at my bf and she gives me a warning when I go close to her belly. I got this vid of movement and I have tried to palpate but I have never dealt with this before and I thought some of you may be able to help!! She pulled a bunch of hair but not as much as I would expect from her belly area so I am unsure. Any help is appreciated :)

I did not intentionally breed her, it was an accidental escape by our male in the middle of the night. No injuries, we just don't know when he had jumped into her pen as we woke up to them chasing each other

I think it was about 3 or so weeks ago and she has made a nest, she pounces and grunts at my bf and she gives me a warning when I go close to her belly. I got this vid of movement and I have tried to palpate but I have never dealt with this before and I thought some of you may be able to help!! She pulled a bunch of hair but not as much as I would expect from her belly area so I am unsure. Any help is appreciated :)

I am unable to post the vid sorry

For videos, you have to upload to somewhere like youtube, then post a link here.

She may or may not be pregnant. It can be hard to tell by palpation if you aren't experienced, and even for experienced breeders it's not always easy. Plus palpation has to be done carefully in the earlier stages or you risk damaging the fetuses. And to determine visually, usually you can only tell closer to when she's about to give birth, and then it can sometimes be confused with a rabbits digestive movement.

So basically you just have to wait and see, short of having a vet check your rabbit. Though I would have the nest box and a big pile of hay always available for her to finish making her nest and give birth in just in case. After she gives birth, you'll then need to continue to offer unlimited grass hay and start increasing pellet amounts. Nursing does eat more than 3 times the usual amount of food.

https://flashsplace.webs.com/accidentallitters.htm

Latest posts

Back