Pregnant Mommy!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricosuave

Reaction score
I have a pregnant bunny and her attitude has went to sweet and cuddly to harmonal. How do I keep her calm and help her have a a great pregnancy.:bunnydance:

That is just how they get when pregnant.

I'm not a breeder but going by Pipp and Darry's false pregnancies, I keep them busy and somewhat contained. Too much territory exhausted them.

Phone books are always good for long-term 'projects' and make great nest material, and of course lots and lots of hay and straw.

Otherwise just be understanding. Speak softly, don't get upset when you get a nip, the bunny butt or a food dish thrown at you, and be prepared to go out in the middle of the night for pickles and ice cream. Or I guess the bunny equivalent -- maybe high protein pellets and some kale?

Congrats and good luck!

sas :clover:

Have patience. Know that she isn't doing it to "be mean". She can't help it. As Pipp said, keep her "territory" small. Too much to defend is very taxing on her. She can still come out to run and play, but don't make her think she has to defend all her play territory.

Accept her on her terms for now. Do as little as possible to upset her. Usually within a day or two of kindling, her ol' sweet self will come back.

thank you all. You gave me alot of enlightening info. With you guy around, I feel like a weight has been lifted!!

Back