Pregnant Doe

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natdon19

Reaction score
Hello
I’m look for advice, last week I discovered my pregnant doe had made her nest in the back of my garden, since then I’ve kept her in her run for exercise as I was worried she may try and deliver the kits and I would be unable to get to them!
Today she is on day 30 I gave her a nesting box at 27 days but she has shown no interest and no signs of nesting at all, is this because she has already made her nest in the garden? This was an unplanned pregnancy I thought I had two Does, but one turned out to be a Buck
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Did she already pull fur for the nest? If yes, transfer the nest to the nestbox, show it to her and keep her in her hutch or whatever. If you let her out in the garden she will chose a spot to kindle there.

If she didn't pull fur I would only let her in the garden under supervision, and put her back into the hutch at any signs of nesting. Or just cancel garden time for a few days, especially if she's a first timer. Mine nest in earnest just hours before kindling, pulling fur just in time.

Some does build tunnels and nests in advance, I had to dig up and relocate nests twice over the years, no fun.
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/nest-in-tunnel-pictures.98176/

Did she already pull fur for the nest? If yes, transfer the nest to the nestbox, show it to her and keep her in her hutch or whatever. If you let her out in the garden she will chose a spot to kindle there.

If she didn't pull fur I would only let her in the garden under supervision, and put her back into the hutch at any signs of nesting. Or just cancel garden time for a few days, especially if she's a first timer. Mine nest in earnest just hours before kindling, pulling fur just in time.

Some does build tunnels and nests in advance, I had to dig up and relocate nests twice over the years, no fun.
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/nest-in-tunnel-pictures.98176/
Thank you for your reply, she did not pull fur for the nest, and I’ve not let her free roam the garden since discovering the nest, I was just concern she may try hold on to the kits thinking she needs to get to her nest in the garden. So hopefully she will make a nest just before kindling, I’m checking her frequently and hoping all goes well
Thanks again

Back