pregnant bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think Bella, my mini lop has gotten into her moody stage of pregnancy. At times she hops to another side of her pen when I open it up, and other times she hops over like her normal self. I sometimes try and coax her over with a treat, but, no, she's not going to have it. She used to be quite easy to pick up and move around if I needed to, but she has been quite difficult to try and pick up, these days I often have to be very subtle and very gentle when I do, or else she squirms or hops away. She is definitely getting heavier, and her tummy is getting slightly rounder.
I noticed something else. She seems to not be as hoppy, she always seems to rest a lot more, than before she became pregnant. Does anyone know if this is normal for a pregnant bunny? I know each bunny is different. She is in her 3rd week of pregnancy and has become a bit slower. Her eating, pooping, and health seem normal, nothing changed there. Just her activity level, I am guessing it is because the babies inside will be getting heavier, slowing her down. I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience with their pregnant bunny.

That does sound like a pregnant rabbit. They get slower, rest more, and some behaviorial changes are to be expected.

Thank you, I just was hoping the slowing down part wasn't her getting sick or some other reason. I've only ever experienced one other pregnant bunny about 3 years ago, and she never seemed to slow down.

But that is reassuring, that slowing down and more resting is a normal thing.

Thank you for the help

Just make sure she continues to eat pretty normally, and poops stay normal. That will often be the first indication of a possible health issue with a rabbit

Latest posts

Back