Pregnant bun is having a first-class temper tantrum

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChocoClover

Rabbit Geek
Reaction score
Is it normal for pregnant bunnies to have temper tantrums? This is the first temper tantrum she's had. She is tipping the bowl, chew chew chewing, and rattling her bars. She thumps when I get near (totally not like her) and won't eat her pellets when I'm watching. I walked in on her eating them, though, and she quickly dropped them like she didn't want me to see her eating. She will eat the clover I picked for her. Right now she is running circles of her cage and going crazy with her box.

Is there something I'm not doing for her? Or is this normal pregnant behavior?

From what I've heard from other people, it's perfectly normal. How far along is she?

She's due in a week.

I am writing this next to my bun cage. I do not observe them much when they are just in their cages.

Theo is DIGGING his food bowl. As a result, he hasn't eaten anything. He is also doing crazy eights all over the place. I am going to have new cages soon, because I think he is going girl crazy. The new cages will be completely separate from each other.

So, now Theo AND Shirley are having temper tantrums.

Poor buns look really frustrated or something, I wish I could help.

I have already separated Theo as much as I can from the girls, and Shirl is a different story.

Yep, sounds like first class pregnant doe issues :p I can understand why the male would be frustrated too.

my mini rex doe is due today. normally she is the sweetest little girl ever. but now she is trying to bite me. it will pass after she has her kits :)

Latest posts

Back