pregnancy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it REEAAALLLYYY depends on the doe.some will start nesting at 2 weeks, others will wait till aday before. till 12 hours before. but they usuallywont pull fur untill right before they kindle. I find thatmost start to nest when i put in the box at 27 days, then leave italone for a day or two, then seriously start building 1-2 days beforethey kindle.

pregnancy goes for 29-35 days. So if you know thedate when she mated with the buck, then the hay and nest box should begiven on the 28-30th day. Birth will take placeduring those 2daysif not sooner. Usually it will be exactly the night yougave the nest box. That is what my rabbit does it every time.

If you give the nest box to early for her to make the nest, she willsit in there and make herself comfortable. Thereby, making it her homewhere she may squash the kits later on.

GOod Luck!

we dont know when themating place wedid not put a nesting box in as they built thenestin the night and we found it in the morningandit was already made. we also didn't know they were pregnant. when weput the two does out in the garden together they both try to getontop of each other the wrong way is this normal? should welet them out together, or on their own when they have built their nestand are pregnant? We are new to all of this as it is the first time wehave had rabbits.

Back