Pre-bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylove817

Reaction score
I am about to start the scary task of bonding two bunnies and of course im so confused and unsure of everything, but
I know there are really good pages in the library, so I'll be checking those out soon :)

I have a quick question though. Midas has a NIC cage that is 3 panels by 4 panels by 3 panels high and I plan on separating the cages so one bunny has the bottom level and have of the middle level and the other bunny has the top level and the other half of the middle level.

I am planning on letting Midas have the top level (because he really really likes being up there!) so I've put a second litter box up there to try and get him used to using the bathroom up there. But he wont even go near it! I've tried everything, putting poo in there, treats, tons of hay.. but he doesn't care. Is keeping it up there a good idea? Should I start moving all of his "necessities" up there so he gets used to it? Any ideas/thoughts?

Any other advice to help him get him ready for a new bun? She wont be here for awhile, but I know its best to be prepared and im kinda freaking out!!

--sorry for the long post, and thanks ahead of time for the info!

I would leave the 2 litter boxes, so he knows it's there. That way when the other bunny comes home, he knows the litter box is there. Sounds like your doing everything right. Just being patient is the hard part. LOl. :)

I hope she works out. She is a beautiful bunny. She keeps getting moved around and I'm sure that isn't helping her to trust. Keep us updated and I hope it works out.

Bonding can take a while and I know it stinks waiting while they bond. :p Lol. :biggrin2:But...it will be worth it.

Latest posts

Back