Prayers/Positive Thoughts, Please...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenk

Reaction score
My bun,Zoe, was hospitalized yesterday after x-rays revealed a pocket of gas in her lower intestinal region. The x-rays can't reveal if it's just gas (due to slow gut motility)--or a genuine blockage (possibly caused by the Zoom-Groom tooth that she ate a few weeks ago).

Please say a quick prayer/hold a positive thought for her--for the situation to be solely gas due to irritation, which is much less risky/concerning to put right.

Thank you,

Jenk

SnowyShiloh wrote:
I'm definitely thinking of your Zoe girl! Please keep us updated.
She hasn't passed any poop as of 4 pm today. :( The techs. had her out for 45-60 min. to gether moving; Zoe had other ideas: sitting aroundand/orthumping a lot before running back to her ICU cage several times. Stubborn, I believe, the tech. called her with a laugh.(That's my girl!) ;)

The tech.let slip that Zoe was "munching on a green." Holy hell...I'd told the vet yesterday, "Feed hertimothy hay only; lettuceupsets her gut very easily." So the tech. promptly replaced the greens with hay. (She remembered that Zoe's chart statesto feed hayonly;employeeswho opened this morning missed this detail.)

On one hand, I'm happy that Zoe's eating. On the other hand, I'm freakin' out because Zoe's ate God-knows-how many greens (lettuce), which could work against the treatment being given. (And as if I want to pay more money to keep Zoe hospitalized potentially due to a tech.'s mistake. :X)

I want to visit Zoe tonight, despite the fact that it'll be a pain to get there. (The normally-40-min. drive becomes mayhem during the Chicagoland rush-hour.)

polly wrote:
I am thinking of her and have my fingers crossed she stats pooping soon come on Zoe you can do it
Thank you, Everyone: Little Bay Poo, SnowyShiloh and polly. :hug:

slavetoabunny wrote:
I'm so sorry Jenk. I'll be anxiously awaiting updates on Zoe. Your girl will be in my thoughts tonight.
Thank you, slavetoabunny.

Honestly, I'm thisclose to bursting into hysterical laughter (i.e., the "nutty" kind).

Oh no, I'm so sorry you're having such a rough ride at the moment.

I'll be thinking of you and Zoe and I hope she gets better soon.... Come on Zoe, POOP!

:hug:

mouse_chalk wrote:
Oh no, I'm so sorry you're having such a rough ride at the moment.

I'll be thinking of you and Zoe and I hope she gets better soon.... Come on Zoe, POOP!

:hug:
"At the moment" translates to a full year's time:It's been one year of this insane round of vet visits and bills. Thus, I feel spent (no pun intended).

Maybe I ought do a poop dance--kind of like a rain dance, only it would be for the production of, well, you know....:?

pumpkinandwhiskersmom wrote:
I sure hope that Zoe improves quickly, and that the vet tech got ripped a new one for ignoring the chart notes!

:pray: for Zoe and for you!
I don't know about the tech. getting ripped a new one; I assume thathis/her co-worker (the person to whom I spoke on the phone) isn't in a position to admonish an equal in the workplace.

Still, I'll ask to catch the vet for a few minutes during tonight's visit to ask how many greens she may have been fed--if only to clue her in that a boo-boo was made.

pumpkinandwhiskersmom wrote:
Hey, Jenk....just tell me the steps, and I'll do a poopdance from here, too!
The steps? Heck, I'm just gonna improvise. :biggrin2:

Please bring back some good news from your visit. Did she perk-up when she saw you, or did you get the butt for leaving her with strangers?

Prayers for every one in your household, human and bunny alike.

myheart

myheart wrote:
Please bring back some good news from your visit. Did she perk-up when she saw you, or did you get the butt for leaving her with strangers?

Prayers for every one in your household, human and bunny alike.
I'll provide a full report, I promise. (And, hopefully, I won't "get the butt. :p)

Oh no, I'm so sorry that you are having so many problems. Zoe is truly blessed to have you as her guardian. I just want you to know that your dedication to her is awesome! Never think that you are not a "one in a million" person!

Many prayers and good thoughts headed your way. Come on Zoe..you can do it! Show the vets THIS: :litterhealthy:

Latest posts

Back