Prayers for my baby

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krissa

Reaction score
My poor Frodo has head tilt :shock:

I have been gone all week trainingfor my new job out of town,my husband has been caring for the critters. When I came home Iimmedatly checked on my babies, and poor Frodo's head was tilted to theright. Thanks to you allI knew what it was and whatto do! His regular vet was out so we went to another, he was great! (Ithink I'm going to switch vets). Anyway his ear is not inflamed andthere is nothing in the ear so the vet said it was either an middle earinfection or a stroke. I'm hoping for the infection cause we can treatthat. I was given Baytril for him to get for the next 14 days.

So I need prayers for my little boy. He is eating and drinking, and Iremoved the ramp in his cage so he wont fall. Is there any othersuggestions as to how I can help him along? I'm going to keep givinghim his favorite foods so he keeps eating.

Oh no, poor Frodo! :huh

Wishing him all the best...

prayers:pray: good vibes :clover::goodluck

you seem to have a good handle on it, not much more I can offer, he'sin good hands, butif you haven't already looked at it, here'sthe link to the head tilt section of the resource center:

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11840&forum_id=10

sas and the bunnies

Poor Frodo. He's one of my favorites!

There's some good info on caring for sick rabbits here:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12158&forum_id=10

This is one of the best websites from it. It has pictures andinstructions on how to take care of rabbits with head tilt andparalysis, how to set up their cages, etc.
http://www.mohrskc.org/hrswebpg19.html

I'd also talk to your vet about treating for E. cuniculi. Thetwo most common causes of head tilt are inner ear infection and E.cuniculi infection. You can have a test done to see if he'sbeen exposed, but since a large percentage of rabbits have been exposedto EC without ever getting symptoms the test isn't always worthit. It's very common to treat head tilt rabbits for both earinfections and EC. There's some info in the Head Tilt linkthat Pipp gave you and also here:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=14471&forum_id=10

Thanks for the links, and I'll be asking my vet. Good news is he seems otherwise very healthy and is eating great.:D

Oh no, poor Frodo! Good thoughts and vibes being sent your way.

Keep us updated about how he is! Hope he improves soon with themeds. :pray:

Awww poor Frodo! but at lease he is eating and seems ok in himself.

I'm sure with a lot of love and his medicine,he will get through this:)

wishing Frodo lotsa get well quick thoughts:)

cheryl

Aww, poor Frodo, I hope he gets well quickly! It sounds like you are taking wonderful care of him.

You are both in my thoughts :pray:

He has been doing really well and is stillzipping around the living room even with his head tilted. I'm reallynervous though because I have to be gone all week for training for mynew job -- that means its up to my husband to give out the meds :shock:(I have my mother checking up on him just in case). I'll update on hiscondition next weekend when I get back, I just know I'm going to be soworried all week and calling my husband constantly!

Poor little man :pray:

I'll be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers. He's lucky to have a mommy like you taking such good care of him!

Lots of Love

Haley

Sorry it has been so long since I updated onFrodo, I am finally done with my training at work. Frodo isgetting better, his head is still tilted a bit but it no longer touchesthe ground and he has much better balance. His buddy Merry has beensuch a good friend, giving kisses out!

His Baytril treatment is almost finished (last dose on Friday). I amhoping his head is straight by then, otherwise its back to the vet.He's been a real good bunny now and is great at taking his medicine(thank goodness for small miracles).

Im so glad to here he's doing better. Thats great that he has a buddy to help make things a little better :bunnieskiss

Keeping him in my prayers :pray:

Haley

Latest posts

Back