Potty training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunbunmommy

Reaction score
Charlie refuses his litter box, he prefers to pee all over his fresh hay.
Any suggestions??? I tried moving his poop into the box along with soiled paper... nope doesn't make a difference. I'm thinking if I should just lay down a pee pad instead

1393722581365.jpg

You could try getting a hay feeder and putting it above the litter box/above the side of it so your bun can't pee on the hay if it's not on the floor and also putting hay on top of the litter in the litter box. Your bun may also not like the litter you have. I use this, ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393726230.016366.jpg

I had the care fresh stuff in it and he slept in it. I bought him a bigger rectangle box and put the litter you see in the photo, he moved to sleeping in that one Lol. So I made the large one his permanent bed. I cleaned out the cage and put hay to nibble on in the litter box. He went inside his little tunnel and peed there instead. He's just barely 2months so maybe I'm expecting too much. He has improved though. Before he was peeing and pooping all over the cage, we narrowed it down to one side of the cage. Hopefully next it will be one corner

Wow, you have one stubborn bun! Just threaten to neuter him. That should give him an incentive :p

Maybe a couple of litter boxes to fill up that whole end there where he pees? And maybe using that paper in them if he isn't taking to the litter you are using.

Currently he's running around the living room at full speed, binkies in full swing. I will say he has yet to pee on the carpet. Wish I could say the same for my poor couch :(

Latest posts

Back