Potty trained but peeing outside the box?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnymama99

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This week I’ve noticed one of my rabbits (female & spayed) started to pee outside her littler box? They both are potty trained (their cage I used for cage training became their potty) & pretty much self taught themselves. They are free roam her sister goes in and out the cage still..lately I noticed just little poop droppings here and there never a lot and rare slip ups of that but she’s peed outside the cage 4 times now. Once was beside it where their water bowl and food is & the other was beside my trash can in a area where I usually broom the excess hay before I throw it out. Should I be worried or is this her just re marking territory all of a sudden? I use carefresh bedding as well always the white rarely the brown..this time I had to buy the brown could it be that? But we’ve never had a past problem with the brown. The Urine looks the same, she’s still active not showing negative signs other than being a bit lazy but she’s usually lazy during the day. The only change I’ve noticed is that she’s stopped being super hyper in the mornings for a week I was getting her to her waking me up or being on the bed but she hasn’t i don’t know if that has anything to do with it, doubt it but overthinking. Google was saying possible UTIS and other medical reasonings but the only symptom she has is just not using the litter box as much. I’m unsure of consulting the vet yet because of this 1 symptoms situation & not even sure how to explain it to them without them either saying monitor or bring her in which is a bit pricey at the moment yknow not a problem to go but I’d like to further look in/monitor at the moment so if anyone may know or dealt with this please reason or tell me your opinions. She still goes in it to poo & pee but chosen to also do it out the box. Truly does worry me after seeing what google was saying. :(

Latest posts

Back