Potty Problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabyBailey

Reaction score
I'm getting very frustrated with my baby bunny. Well. he's a little over 2 months old and just refuses to be litter box trained. He's very sweet and likes being cuddled, but he always (4 out of 5 times on average :grumpy:) pees on me. or the couch. Is this him wanting to be left alone or what? and he leaves little "gifts" EVERYWHERE. Ecspecially in front of my closet. I've read all the litter training posts and sites and do everything they say, but it doesnt seem to work. What else can I do? How long does it usually take until they are litter-boxed trained? I'm just getting frustrated. I never get mad. I just dont know what else to do. help!!

Don't worry, just a baby thing! It's often quite hard to litter train baby bunnies, as they usually don't care too much and pee and poo where ever they please ;). Pebbles didn't start using the litterbox really well for quite a few months, but then she hit her hormonal teenage faze and started marking if I can remember right, but has nearly perfect litterbox habits sinceher spay.

Usually babies start to squirm a bit if they need to go pee, so just watch for that when you are holding them. Or if they feel they like you, they'll just sit there and pee away!

Just be patient, once he's older he'll catch onto litter training, and will continue to improve if you neuter him :).

Well thats nice to hear. Thanks. I'm still hoping he'll get over peeing on me soon because its not fun having to change outfits everytime I hold him. oh well. and yes, i'm going to get him fixed. Thanks again!

Maybe you could wrap him up in a towel (bunny tortilla) when you are holding him. That way, the piddle is absorbed in the blanket. Once he wees, throw thattowel in the hamper, and wrap him up in another. Thank god bunny pee comes out in the laundry:)

BTW, Slatey my bunny has tons of towels left over from he was a little piddler. He likes to rip and tear them like crazy; see, they're toys too :D

Any way that when hegets "free roam" time you could cut back on the "liquids" say for 30 minutes prior? Just so that when he is out he might not have the need to "go"? But keep in mind that when he is out to give him access to water so not sure if it would help, but thinking of the "kid" that pee's he's bed if you give him water an hour before he goes to sleep. Just a thought..

Back