Posture?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orchid

Reaction score
OK, I think I have become crazy with worry.

Fact is I just don't enough about buns or Simon. I am worried over everything and may be driving people nuts and if so I am sorry. I am driving myself nuts.

I keep watching Simon like a hawk afraid something is going to happen to him.
Today his ears have been down. Like all day. I don't know if this means something or nothing. Sometimes at rest his ears will go down, but I have never really seen them both flopped so much. I was worried about how he seemed to be straining. I don't think I have really ever noticed this before. I have seen his tail go up at times, but I would think this seems more pronounced.
He has been eating, drinking, running, sleeping, chewing his grass mat (which he is right now). I changed all three of his litter pans so I can watch how the pee and poop goes. So far I have seen he is pooping. His litter pan did have wet YN, but you could tell it had been there awhile as the YN pellets were soaked up and poofy.
So here are some pics and I just wondered if this looks like a normal stance.
Also when I flipped him over to take a peek, he did not have anything drippy or dirty. Though I did notice like a pink, round and raised area. I would think his testies would drop in the back? Not on the sides right? I tried to take a pic but it just kept coming out whited out. Without the flash...black.

Simons4001.jpg

Simons4002.jpg

Simons4005.jpg

Simons4007.jpg

Orchid wrote:
OK, I think I have become crazy with worry.

Fact is I just don't enough about buns or Simon. I am worried over everything and may be driving people nuts and if so I am sorry. I am driving myself nuts.

I keep watching Simon like a hawk afraid something is going to happen to him.
Today his ears have been down. Like all day. I don't know if this means something or nothing. Sometimes at rest his ears will go down, but I have never really seen them both flopped so much. I was worried about how he seemed to be straining. I don't think I have really ever noticed this before. I have seen his tail go up at times, but I would think this seems more pronounced.
He has been eating, drinking, running, sleeping, chewing his grass mat (which he is right now). I changed all three of his litter pans so I can watch how the pee and poop goes. So far I have seen he is pooping. His litter pan did have wet YN, but you could tell it had been there awhile as the YN pellets were soaked up and poofy.
So here are some pics and I just wondered if this looks like a normal stance.
Also when I flipped him over to take a peek, he did not have anything drippy or dirty. Though I did notice like a pink, round and raised area. I would think his testies would drop in the back? Not on the sides right? I tried to take a pic but it just kept coming out whited out. Without the flash...black.

Lagomorphs have unusual genitalia - the male testes are in front of the urethra rather than under as in most mammals. The scent glands are along the sides.

The straining worries me - I'd definitely get a urine test. He may have sludge, blockage or infection.

Pam

Someone described their little urr testicles once as little pink lungs to the sides of their privates or other privates LOL!

I don't know if this will help you but here is a photo where you sort of can see our buck's on one side.

TonyPrives.jpg

I can't say I can see in the pic, but what was said, little lungs...sounds like what I saw and it was on each side. Puts my mind somewhat at ease.

I think I am being overly paranoid. Simon was acting just fine last night. Running, playing, peeing on me. lol Thanks both for responding!

Latest posts

Back