Post Kindling

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CloverRabbits

Reaction score
Ok so this morning my doe had 7 kits, all seem wonderful. However, I was wondering if the does begin eating right after kindling or if it takes a while. She seems very calm and relaxed and has really just been resting but not eating much at all. Do they usually rest like this afterwards? I think it would make sense, but I have never read or heard much about it. I picked her up and checked her out just to be sure she was ok and she seemed fine. Probably just overreacting, but help would be great! Thanks!

Well I was really nervous she had some GI stasis, but this morning she was in a much better mood and eating and drinking, and she even let me watch her nurse! I guess she was in a little shock that those babies she wanted so badly came with a bit of... ah... work? first. Haha just a bit of first time mother shell shock :)

good to know this.. i have a pregnant doe due shortly.. this is our first litter lol.

:)

Any chances on seeing pix of the wee ones?

Congrats on the new kits. All momma buns are different. I have two new mommas and their reactions are completely different. On is relaxed and the other grunts and fussed at me if I even look her direction. She has been Moody for her whole pregnancy.

Yes she was super moody the last month and now she watches over her kits like a hawk, and the slightest peep she checks on them, but its in a motherly way, not in a moody way :) I would say she acts like she is very proud, like look ma I'm feeding them! haha... It's really funny actually. Good luck with your babies!

Yeah all bunnies are different, when Alice had kits, she completely ignored them throughout the day and stayed well away from them in her run, but fed them in the morning and night (we kept a camera in the next box to watch). She was much more loving to me and was constantly wanting attention, she allowed me to hold her kits from day one and was just so sweet to me.
But when my aunties bunny Rose had kits, she watched them all day, and didn't leave her cage, she didn't play or anything, she was quite moody and would grunt a lot if anyone went near her. So it does show how different bunnies are..

But my bunny Alice didn't eat for the first few hours after birth, she just drank loads.

You have to post pictures!!

Oh and I have a question, just curious because I can't wait until the little ones have some fur! I know each kit had a 50% chance of being REW, but if 5 of the 7 are pink skinned and don't appear to have any spots, are there any other colors they could possibly be? Mom is 1/2 dutch so she may have some wildcards. Just curious...:biggrin2:

OHHH! Those are cool! My son is in love with all white, red eye animals in general. had me searching for a all white guinea pig/red eyes for forever and still didnt find one! lol

thank you! :)

Back