Possible Second Pregnancy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was it on her belly? Might you be able to send me a picture of how much you pull out with a slight tug? If it falls loosely without much effort and in clumps and it's only on her stomach area it does this chances are she's pregnant and due to have them but this can also occur in false pregnancy. Usually the belly fur becomes coarser but depending on how long ago her last litter was it could very well just be from her previous but you'll find less comes out.

I suppose with where it loosens up depend on the does, I have a few who only pull and have the loose fur on their stomachs and others that pull from their chest and nowhere else and I've even had does that pull so much hair out they get splotchy bald spots all over their belly, chest and dewlap. They're usually a sight to behold! But if babies are warm and mummy doe hasn't caused herself any damage, I don't worry.

The fur was from her sides but i didn't get a picture. My husband says he's sure she is pregnant and he was right the first time - even when we both thought she was male! Of course I laughed it off then and said it was impossible. Hahaha joke was on me

I would be expecting some little ones soon! And pictures of them would be amazing!

That's normally me and I can generally predict how many that are to be expect--well an estimate at least.

How many did she have in her first? Usually that can determine how many she'll have it'll either be one less more or the same.

She had four the last time! I will be taking picture like crazy! She's a great mum so I have all the confidence in her :)

I wouldn't expect much more than that.

They usually are, bunnies don't get given enough credit sometimes!

Anything new happen on the pregnancy front? Or are you waiting anxiously like I am for my doe!

I am waiting anxiously and I have some time to go! According to my calendar we have another week to go. When is your doe due?

About five days. The 12th is her 31st day but I'm expecting either day before that or day after. She's made a little hole in her hay pile I have her and adjusted her cage set up from its usual hay everywhere regime like everyone else's cage!

Here's a picture of her cage and how I change it:ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1394216213.580802.jpg

Normally I allow them to make a nest wherever they feel like it in their cage but its just so difficult when it starts smelling so I am experimenting a new method. I've never fancied nest boxes, they're good when you don't use hay bedding but unnecessary if you do.

I know what they are used for, it's just I've never encountered this problem as my does dig deep within their bedding so they can't wander out. Plus I've never had one that wandered before it's eyes opened but it always went back with out help. I do see the advantages of it, as I was planning to test a similar prospect about them with the set up I gave her but my does are just used to having them in their favourite corner and my little one doesn't want a bar of it. She knows what it's for and I rather let them decide how they want to go about it, they've never failed me before.

I didn't put in a nest box either as she didn't use one before and did great. She has already started to build a nest with hay and fur in her usual sleep spot so we are beyond excited! After talking with a friend who was over, we estimated her due date to be around the 15th. How funny is it to ask "Remember when you were over and we saw my bunnies get it on? What day was that?" LOL!!

With inside rabbits it isnt quite as critical as when they're outside, although we learned our lesson the hard way about how far a kit can go before their eyes are open. We had one escape the nestbox, climb up over the baby saver wire and squeeze thru the cage bars before falling to the carpet below. Unfortunately, we didn't find him until it was too late as he'd wandered under something that was stored under a table. Don't underestimate them, that's all I'm saying.

Oh my, that's surely an adventure.

I always check the nests and she's housed in my room with one other rabbit and everyone else is in another room so with her here I can keep a close eye on the going ons and I've had litters inside and out and what I've notice is the survival rate of the entire litter drop when outside compared to inside.

Ooh, yay. She must nest early I had a doe once who made two nests and had two kits in each nest.

That would of been an conversation! Good luck on your babies.

I was feeling Adahlia's tummy yesterday and I could feel the little bunnies kicking! I checked on her again before bed and she was clearly in labour. Went this morning to see how many and there was ten healthy babies!!! This bunny really likes to surprise us lol Thanks for all the great advice

I forgot to let you that mine kindled on the 14th! She had six for her first litter! Shocked me quite a bit. I walked in on her panting and freaking out pulling hair and making a nest like she had just been release from a mental hospital! :D

Congratulations on the ten new babies! You have to show pictures! :)

Back